Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help (lost key)

help (lost key)

aight so i lost the key to my 400ex. does anyone know what wires to cross so i can use the starter button and i dont have to pop start my quad in order to start it?
    '99 400Ex. cdi box. yoshi. 14 tooth sproket. 22" holeshots. under construction

not sure what wires, but you can buy a new key switch and key
    BBC.

FOR SALE - 2003 400EX : DG/Pro Armor/Tag/Powermadd/Spider/ITP

FOR SALE - 2001 RM125 : FMF/Pro Taper/Hot Rods/Wiseco/Hinson/VForce/Renthal/UNI/DID

Thumbs down Sounds stolen to me

I'm very leary of these posts. They just scream "STOLEN" I wouldn't give anyone instructions on "hot wiring" If you really did lose the keys than go to a honda dealership and get a new set of keys or ignition switch. You should have wrote the key number down if it's really yours.

If you don't have a key you shouldn't be able to pop start it either. Unless you already started pulling wires. It is kind of sketchy, being this is your first post wondering how to hot wire a quad.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

well the thing is i really did loose my key. and im trying to save money which is why i wanna run a keyless ignition. and if i were to steal a quad i would not put it up on a forum.
    '99 400Ex. cdi box. yoshi. 14 tooth sproket. 22" holeshots. under construction

All you have to do is find the green and white wire that goes to the wheely sensor and cut the both. Then tape the green and white wire together and wala you can start it

Or you could just go get a new key
    V-Twin King Quad

Just go to your local Honda dealer and order a new key, assuming of course that you wrote down the letter/number combination embossed in the key.
    Sponsored by Dirt Fiend Racing (DFR) of Mesa, AZ ~

2004 Honda TRX400EX (RED)

PEP, Hydrodynamics, Lonestar Racing, Rath Racing, Pro Armor, Pro Taper, ASV, Streamline

2009 KTM 450SX ATV (ORANGE)

Fox Racing Shox, Lonestar Racing, Precision, Houser, Motoworks, Hiper, Fuel Customs

honestly not to steal this thread or anything, but how many of you really write down the key number and all? I know I sure as hell don't and I know plenty of other people that don't do that either, just because he, like many other people didn't write down the key number, why should he be accused of stealing this quad just because he lost the key?
    87 250r
    blue lakers front and rear, pro taper bars, p51 ishocks, esr trx5 centermount pipe&silencer, esr hanger, esr air box eliminator kit, esr shifter, vforce 3 reeds, 38mm air stryker, port/polish, bored, cr head gasket, ac racing nerfs, +2 +1 laegers, ims oversized tank, devol kicker.

How much does a key run these days??? I never ran into this problem but you should be able to take the Vin # to the dealer and I would think they could make you one.
    V-Twin King Quad

Originally posted by jokester
    honestly not to steal this thread or anything, but how many of you really write down the key number and all? I know I sure as hell don't and I know plenty of other people that don't do that either, just because he, like many other people didn't write down the key number, why should he be accused of stealing this quad just because he lost the key?
    Why hot wire your own quad??? It doesn't make sense to me. How much effort would it take to go get another key. Even if you brain farted and didn't write your key number down, If you have your vin and proof of ownership it should be a breeze for a dealership to help you out. I doubt it would cost that much money. Asking us how to "hot wire" his own quad sounds suspicious to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast