Thread: 2006 Intermot trade show pics

2006 Intermot trade show pics

I recently attended the 2006 Intermot trade show in Cologne Germany to man the TireBall both. The event was held over 7 days and was open to dealers and the public as well. I have been to about 10 Indy trade shows over the years and never thought I would find one that was bigger than that. I found out I was wrong when I arrived at the Koln exposition center. Not only was the building about 3 times the size of the Indy trade show, the attendance was at least 10 times as large.

Cologne is rich with history, when I stepped off the train the first thing I saw was the DOM cathedral.
    Construction of the Gothic church began in 1248 and took, with interruptions, more than 600 years to complete - it was finally finished in 1880. The two towers are 157 m tall, the cathedral is 144 m long and 86 m wide. The cathedral is dedicated to Saints Peter and Mary.

It was built on the site of a 4th century Roman temple, a square edifice known as the 'oldest cathedral' and commissioned by Maternus, the first Christian bishop of Cologne. A second church built on the site, the so-called "Old Cathedral", was completed in 818. This burned down on April 30, 1248.

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

The one thing that I was dissapointed in was that it seems that quads aren't as popular in Europe as they are here in the states so there really wasn't a whole lot of exciting stuff to see. I did however find some interesting quads...

2007 Kawasaki KFX450

I like the super narrow lower frame, alot like the Roll Design 250R frames.

Nice touch with the fat bars

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I am a big time adventure motorcycle rider in my spare time and this my all time favorite adventure bike... the KTM 990 Adventure

So naturally this quad caught my eye...

Thats 110 hp of fuel injected v-twin under that plastic!!! According to the builder, they will be importing about 20 of these into the states next year.

They also had a 525 version as well...

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

My TireBall partner in crime Brock was more interested in the locals than quads

Street legal quads was the name of the game at this show...

How about this for a ride your Quadracer 450R to work day?

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

The Can-Am Renegade was a big hit with the crowd...

I can't wait to throw my leg over one of these puppies coming up very soon!!! The Polaris Outlaw 525

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Thats about all the cool stuff as far as quads go, if you like bikes then this is THE show to attend. I was in Adventure bike heaven!

Another one of my favorites, the BMW HP2. This bike did very well at the Baja 1000 last week.

Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Great write up Jeff and the pics were really good.
    I bet it was some great sight seeing in germany. Did you get a chance to travel around any?
    Toys: A small boat and some beach bicycles

Very little, it would be dark by the time we left the show each night so it was pretty hard to get any tourist stuff in.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F