Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new rules

new rules

has anybody heard if the new rules in or out for the minis and did they raise the ccs in the 90mod class to the new 150 r ???????????????????????????????

Found this from another site:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this for Phil Mcdowell who is at the mini o's. Phil would like to thank all the riders that voiced their opinions on the 2007 ATVA Grand National Motocross Championship. Doug Morris told Phil today that the classes for 2007 would stay the same as 2006 at the ATVA GNC. i.e 50 Stock Limited/50 Prod. Auto/70 Prod. Auto/70 Shifter Mod/90 Prod. Auto jr/90 Prod. Auto sr/and 90 Mod. *no 150cc 4 stroke or 105cc 2 stroke in the 90 Mod.* * If they do add a class for the youth it would be a 90 Prod. CVT only 8-15yrs class. but this class is not for sure.*

Got this off of AMA's website:

Posted November 22, 2006 Email Print

The Board also voted against approval of Congress recommendations that would have increased minimum purses at Pro-Am races and increased displacements in the 90cc ATV racing class.

Finally, the Board voted against immediate enactment of a Congress recommendation that would have made sweeping changes to the AMA competition class structure, eliminating the separate displacement limits for two-stroke and four-stroke machines.

I really didnt think that they would increase the cc limit because Doug made that clear a few times that the putting 8yr old kids on 150cc quads would not help in the fight to keep ATV from being banned. Because we have to remember that "quads are dangerous". But I am sure that dads will still be lifting the kids onto the 150 bikes and holding them up untill the gate drops.

But I atleast thought that the would split up the cvt machines. This is very disapointing because I heard so many people talk about "now my kid might have a chance" and excited to try and race again. Hell I even had two local guys all planning to try the Nationals next year. But that was when they thought that it would be a even playing field. I cant understand how they could not see all the people "lost" in the cvt classes because of the Colbras. It would be nice if they made the cvt clases, then they would get all the ones they lost back and still have all the colbras. This is how you make the sport grow.
    As for the Mod classes? I truely believe that Doug Morris really works hard to keep ATV laws in are favor, so I cant understant why they would not split up one of the fastest youth classes (2nd to youth production). This class is just plain fast and you can run 8yr olds with 15yr olds. It would be alot nicer if it split like the 90 production classes. Oh well, I quess we know what we are looking at next year.
    Paul
    Jesse "32" FACTORY CVT Kymco Rider
    2008 AMA SPORTS YOUTH RIDER OF THE YEAR
    90 CVT 2008 1st Place ATVA MX NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Kymco 90
    90 Modified 2008 1st place ATVA MX NATIONAL CHANPIONSHIP Fisher Cycle 90 Mod
    90 prodution Jr 2nd place WPSA MX 2007 90 Kymco
    90-125 4 stroke 3rd place WPSA 2007 90 Kymco
    90 production Jr 2006 1st place ATVA NATIONAL MX CHAMPIONSHIP Kymco 90

Sponsers: Fisher Cycle, Kymco usa, Powroll, Wiesco, Hiper Wheels,Tennex tool, Varnermotorsports,advanced sleeve and of course, a very helpfull family

One of the National racers dad went back and looked up the results from the 2006 season. He said the most that was entered was 31 quads. Only 9 of those were CVTs. I guess numbers speak for themselfs in some since.

I do think they will add the CVT class. I am in favor of it. I may be wrong, but from talking with Doug, and the response that he gave Phil, there is still a chance they will add it.

Sonia Tittle

70 Production Cole "Bubba Tittle" #969 1st Overall 2006
    90 Production Jr. Cole "Bubba" Tittle #969 2nd Overall 2006
    70 Shifter Cole "Bubba" Tittle #969 3rd Overall 2006

90 Production Sr. Cody Tittle #696 3rd Overall 2006

How about the WPSA classes?

I talked to WPSA today and they should have there clases out next week. But for sure no later then end of Dec. She said they should be the same as last year.
    Jesse "32" FACTORY CVT Kymco Rider
    2008 AMA SPORTS YOUTH RIDER OF THE YEAR
    90 CVT 2008 1st Place ATVA MX NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Kymco 90
    90 Modified 2008 1st place ATVA MX NATIONAL CHANPIONSHIP Fisher Cycle 90 Mod
    90 prodution Jr 2nd place WPSA MX 2007 90 Kymco
    90-125 4 stroke 3rd place WPSA 2007 90 Kymco
    90 production Jr 2006 1st place ATVA NATIONAL MX CHAMPIONSHIP Kymco 90

Sponsers: Fisher Cycle, Kymco usa, Powroll, Wiesco, Hiper Wheels,Tennex tool, Varnermotorsports,advanced sleeve and of course, a very helpfull family

Hey Paul,

Sure hope we get to see you guys again, but it's not looking to promising. We're only going to pick one series and run it.
    Local-ATVA- or WPSA. yeh sure we'll hit the local WPSA race at Englishtown, but we arn't going to trek him hundreds of miles for the same old bull**** ya know! Concentrating more on that 300 anyway. So whenever they finally decide to **** or get off that pot then we'll know what we're doing. But we read your message loud and clear. Ya know if they do add the class we'll all have to get together and figure out how we're going to get these cvt machines to Cali! Whadda ya think just rent a 18 wheeler for a week?

Hope to see you soon! Tell Jesse "The Manimal" says Hi!

LKB
    Sponsors:PROUD TO BE SPONSORED BY: TCS (Total Control Suspension)VPE/ProClean1000 /RK Chain/ RB Components/Renthal/Tekbolt/Scott/
    ToolShed/Action Photos/Carbon Fiber Works

www.webspawner.com/users/manimalx

Originally posted by MadSea862
    Ya know if they do add the class we'll all have to get together and figure out how we're going to get these cvt machines to Cali! Whadda ya think just rent a 18 wheeler for a week?
    i like it! count me in (if there's a cvt class)!!!

hey paul, we gotta get together and talk about building a quad like jesse's for us...

geo.

Question?

If the atva does run a 70 and 90 CVT only class and it is Non-points/no championship class/at promoter discretion would you guys still attend 12 rounds to run it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast