Thread: Few PC Q's

Few PC Q's

Pappy i am about to buy my gun and i have a few questions.

1. When i want to put a clear coat on i do that after i put the color coat on and before i put in the oven right?

2. If i were to do stripes i would mask off what i wanted coat, bake take mask off and then mask the coated surface correct?

3. What is is the reccomended bake temp and time, i have heard 400 f at 20min

4. Is there anything else i should know that most people forget about?
    Jesse Peterson #14

1992 Honda trx250sxf. KTM thumper hybrid JB. LSR. ELKA. FULLBORE. AC. TAG
    1996 Honda 300EX, Long Travel!! GDH. SPARKS. UNI. MAIER. TCS. DOUGLAS. MAXXIS (practice quad)
    1999 foreman, 450s
    94 Blaster
    97 z50r..... the PIT BIKE

Thanx to my sponsors

X~stream compsites, Renthal, Mom and Dad

1) No. You apply your color coat and partially cure it. I usually let the oven come to full cure temp then immediatley turn it off. Allow the part to cool to 100 - 115 degrees then apply the clear. Then the part is put back in the oven and once at cure temp, its cured for the time needed

2)I reckon a few ways can tackle that stuff, its been along time since I toyed with that. Experiment!

3)Depends on the part. The part has to reach cure temp, not the oven. If a small thin part comes to say 375 degrees in 8 minutes, the cure time would begin at that time. So if you start timing the cure when the part itself reaches 375-400 depending on the manufactures guidelines for that given powder. It is all relatibe to the actual part temperature and curing time is based soley on that.

4) Prep prep prep...and take your time and follow the basics. Its not rocket science, to many people try and rush it.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Ok thanx pappy ill post pics when i start coating!
    Jesse Peterson #14

1992 Honda trx250sxf. KTM thumper hybrid JB. LSR. ELKA. FULLBORE. AC. TAG
    1996 Honda 300EX, Long Travel!! GDH. SPARKS. UNI. MAIER. TCS. DOUGLAS. MAXXIS (practice quad)
    1999 foreman, 450s
    94 Blaster
    97 z50r..... the PIT BIKE

Thanx to my sponsors

X~stream compsites, Renthal, Mom and Dad