Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lookin to buy a new 4x4

lookin to buy a new 4x4

i havnt reallt been into the 4x4s for a while..i have a 300 that i use to plow with, but its to slow...recently i went ridin with a bunch of 4x4s and i wanna new one...what do u guys like and dislike as far as the newer utilty machines....i want somthing that will take a serious beating....im not really into all the new push button and ultramatic stuff either..i wanna snorkle it and just have a real tank prett much....lemme know what u think..as far as reliability, power and price...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"

Wish in one hand,Sh*t in the other and see what fills up first..

02 400ex
    01 gixer 750
    89 El tigre 600(woodsbeater aka the champ
    94 fortrax 300 4x4

I belive I am going with the new Arctic Cat 700. Everything I have heard about them they are great. Good Mudders too.

My next choices are the

Suzuki 700 - Great Machine know alot of ppl that love them. Same engine as the AC 700

Can Am 800- fastest utility quad out there. There prally the best utility quad out there right now. I know a few racers in the WPSA snapped the frames. Great mudders I have herd.

Grizzly 700 - My friend has one. Very nice quad. Still to new to tell ya much about it.
    V-Twin King Quad

thanks man...ya iv heard about the new bombadiers also being pretty badass...i dont think i need somthing that big tho.and the new grizz. with efi and power stearing and all that seams just like another reason to have to go to the dealer when u break it...

02 400ex
    01 gixer 750
    94 fortrax 300 4x4

grizzly- its a yamaha they doent break
    04' 450r-sold
    05' red grizzly 660-stock-sold
    06' blue grizzly 660-wife's atv-sold
    04' red 400ex...girlfriends atv-sold!!!
    02' yellow 400ex...sold!!!

Prairie/Brute Force. Plenty of power, tons of upgrades if you want and good reliability. And unlike a Bomb 800, you can shift from forward to reverse whenever you want to without having to rock the quad back and forth.

Originally posted by homer
    Prairie/Brute Force. Plenty of power, tons of upgrades if you want and good reliability. And unlike a Bomb 800, you can shift from forward to reverse whenever you want to without having to rock the quad back and forth.
    My moms bomb 400 does that when you are on a slight hill.
    Other then that the quad has been GREAT
    V-Twin King Quad

i dont think im lookin to get anything new.....i want somthing thats been out for a few years also to have all the querks worked outta it...

02 400ex
    01 gixer 750
    94 fortrax 300 4x4

i got the free grizzly dvd a while back from this site.its a whole new beast.its not even clsoe to the 66o everything is hcnged and it competed with every other big bore and it showed where they would get stuck or reak and show ho the grizz was better and stuff.id love to have one
    recon-rider

from what i have heard and seen i would buy a 600bomb there v-twin with as much power as most 700plus quads which is nice packed into a smaller quader great for chewing through the mud, as for the AC700 no offense to the guy who is getting one but it seems to me in every shootout there 1-2 last there just not as well made as the others although they do have nice clearance...
    05 Red Honda 450R
    AC pro peg nerfs
    AC grab bar
    kenda geckos
    ITp black c-series
    yoshimura trc comp system
    K&N filter
    dyno jet.....

I ended up getting a king quad.

The ACs are nice, very well built. Frames are very tought. But they lack some speed.
    V-Twin King Quad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast