Thread: suspension settings???

suspension settings???

Im hoping somebody can post the settings they use for thier 450. All my suspension is stock but I have softened it up a lot from the factory settings. I dont ride on a track or GNCC, just messing around in the pits. A lot of whoops and natural jumps (nothing huge though). When Im in the whoops going fast the back end starts to bounce from side-to-side and I have to slow down before it throws me off. Also when I land on flat ground from a jump it tends to bounce back up. Cornering feels crappy, I know its not gonna be great with stock parts but Its got to be better than what it is. in the corners I feel like its rolling to the outside a lot and I just can't bring it in nice and tight.
    thanks in advance
    o5 TRX 450r
    06 Speed 4
    04 F-150

to slow the rebound you have to turn it to hard setting. this will help with the bucking.

i trail ride and i took the spring preload most of the way out. turned the front and rear compressions most of the way soft. and the rebound in the rear all the way hard and in the front most of the way hard.
    RIDE RED!!
    2004 TRX450r

what does the spring preload actually do. When you say turn it all the way out you mean to lossen it (make the spings longer and less threads showing right?) also the preload is all the way out on both front and rear?
    o5 TRX 450r
    06 Speed 4
    04 F-150

Originally posted by dirt286
    what does the spring preload actually do. When you say turn it all the way out you mean to lossen it (make the spings longer and less threads showing right?) also the preload is all the way out on both front and rear?
    more preload will rise and less will lower the bike a little . I think it also makes the spring a little softer with less preload.

When you say turn it all the way out (NEVER SAID THAT) you mean to lossen it (make the spings longer and less threads showing right?) YES

I did not take all my pre load out just most of it.

I did make the rebound in the rear full hard - witch slows down the rebound and takes some of the buck out!!

this is just what i run, you may need diffent. with my settings is better for me but its not right - I need to get the shocks redone for me!!

I would suggest reading up on how to adjust shocks you can look on shock manufacturers web sites they will tell you the basics.

I know Hondas labeling of H -- S sucks

hard is slower and soft if faster

for compression setting hard and soft make sense!!

for rebound use H for slow and S for fast. most say the rebound is to fast even when set to full H or slow.
    RIDE RED!!
    2004 TRX450r

ok i will give it a try thanks
    o5 TRX 450r
    06 Speed 4
    04 F-150