Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Washinton State Horn Rapids Ironman Fall Harescramble

http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Nice job on the write-up QJ. And great pictures. Your right about this event. It is all about the fun. We usually don't ride it because of the dust, but this year the conditions were perfect, and most of the track was groomed and made for some very fast riding. 5th gear pinned.
    2006 or so yfz
    2009 yfzR
    sponsors
    Enumclaw Yamaha, ODI grips, Rekluse Z-start clutches, DeVol Engineering, Adrenaline Designs, Sudco, AC Racing, Galfer Braking Systems, Tag Metals, Sunline, Action cycles, American powder coating, Quad-tech,Wiseco pistons, Fly racing, Scott USA, Holz Racing Products, Lonestar, Hyper Xtreme Sportswear, Hiper Wheels, Maxxis and grandpa bill.
    And for the body....... MotoX Nutrition

Cool pics Tina and a very nice write up.

Makes me want to go this spring.
    06 LT-R450

Originally posted by IDEX
    Cool pics Tina and a very nice write up.

Makes me want to go this spring.
    We should form a group and GO! You would have a blast ! Heck, maybe Kelsey could race this one .. I think she could handle it
    Im glad you enjoyed

Maybe Ill race Troys and HE can shoot some pics LOL

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Great write up Tina

This is easily the funnest race of the year for us in the PNW. Very laid back and relaxed atmosphere coupled with WFO fun for an hour. AVERAGE lap speeds around 55mph! Pin it and go.

Anyone who lives within 300 miles of richalnd should give this one a shot. you wont be sorry
    Ohh, it's the deep burn! Oh, it's so deep! Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

That was a great race indeed! Glad you made it Tina, it was nice to finally meet you!

I came in 9th place in the Open Amature class & was the first woman to cross the finish line in the Ironman!

Id like to share a little bio on the Track and how it originated... Maybe something new that ya'll didnt know about Horn Rapids !
    Don was kind enough to gather this info for me .....

No one really remembers EXACTLY but we think our first race was in 1982. We had our 1st Poker run on the future site of the Richland ORV Park in 1981-1982.1983 was the 1sr Grand Prix.
    After a few years we went to two races per year. Since 1999 we have been 1st Sunday and March and November.They have partial records dating back to 1989 with a low of 115 bikes and a high of 276 total entries in spring 2006. We have come close to canceling a few times (once they had a 3ft snow drift and deep freezing conditions on the wk end prior to the race ,but a Chinook wind on Friday and one lap with a D-4 Cat. on Sat. pulled it off. but only in nov. 2000 after a bigHanford Fire burned the triangle down to bare dirt did we actually cancel a race...

Somewhere in there we had a class for three and four wheelers, I beieve three trikes and one Quad.That was only for one race. But in Nov. 1992 we added a separate ATV Sprint,one 20 mile lap(20 entries,mostly quads)Since the only cost to the club to have a quad race was more classes of trophies if made economic sense but somewhere in 1995-1996 we only had 7 quads enter. so for thenext race we didnt put out a quad race flyer.. We put out a THREAT letter more entries or we would have to stop having the quads race. In March 1999 weoffered asecond lap and 12 of 52 quads races the "Ironman", In March 2006 we changed our classes to bring them in line with other pure quad races and our entires jumped from the previous high of 57 to 80!!!!!

Once upon a time our race went all over the Horn Rapids triangle from Richland to the tip.When the irrigated fields went in we werelimited to just the park to the tip.Later we arranged to Race around the outsideof the triangle. This was outr BIGGEST curse at 20 full miles.This layout included some of the trees in toward Richland,a wicked swamp we called the Backwater Blackwater and a half mile in the bottom of a conrete lined irrigation ditch which made for awesome high banked turns.This all came to an end when Richland put a paved road across the triangle.For awhile,we had from the tip to the park and by making two and even three loops outside the park we kept the miles around 20.Then Richland gave about half the land westof the park to WSU to develop and agricultural research station whcih never got funded. The City would like to reaquire the land from WSU. But though But though they gave the land away for free they would have to buy it back.Since then we have just had the park and down around thelandfill and have to have twice and many 10 mile laps.

With the Park being privitized it is anyones quess whether we will be able to continue having this race or not.

Now hows that for an education course from and out of State rider!!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

GREAT INFORMATION!

Did he have any old pics of the quad races?
    Ohh, it's the deep burn! Oh, it's so deep! Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

hmmm.... not sure-Ill ASK!!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

GREAT JOB Tina..

Hopefully I can make it to ur coverage one day after I heal up..

Looking foward in seeing you all over the west coast
    LTR450

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast