Thread: WB E-Series owners...question for you

WB E-Series owners...question for you

We just received Rob's E-series Pro Meg system today..I have a strange question: There is a rather large dent on the side(sub-frame side) of the silencer about half way back, almost right under the mounting bracket.
    Is this normal or did they dent it when they shipped it?
    I called Rocky Mnt (where we got it from) and all I could get from them was "some silencer have dents". They are out of the Pro Megs now so she could look at one and see for herself.
    I called WB...(that was a joke)..one guy told me there is s'posed to be a dent in the silencer so the rotor won't hit the silencer when the suspension compresses..I didn't like his answer and I basically told him that. He tried to put me thru to another guy but I was on hold waaay to long and ended up getting someone else's voice mail...I got pissed and hung up.
    I know this may sound strange...I'm just not sure what to expect here.
    Thanks..Sherri.

Re: WB E-Series owners...question for you

The guy from White Brothers is on the level with you.
    I have that same "dent" on mine.

Originally posted by SLB400EX
    ...rather large dent on the side...
    I called WB...one guy told me there is s'posed to be a dent in the silencer so the rotor won't hit the silencer when the suspension compresses..Thanks..Sherri.
    Building a Lexus GS300/IS300 or Supra IV

2003 Cannondale Cannibal
    LE Stars & Strips (Sold)

2000 400EX (sold)
    1999 Blaster (sold)

Yes the dent is supposed to be there. WB went ahead and dented it for you . If they had not you would eventually have dented it plus ruined your brake.
    2004 YFZ 450-- Couple of usefull options--
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

AtvNC.com Race Team

Hmmmm, wanna know how stupid I feel now. I had no idea...
    I just didn't buy his rotor explanation for some reason..I do feel dumb now.
    Guess we'll go slap the system on now..
    Thanks ... Sherri

Yea Sherri, don't feel dumb. I have the eSeries and that dent justs looks crappy. I don't really buy that rotor theory either, but I guess they are just covering their *****, but it doesn't make their product as presentable as it could be. I would think you'd have to be doing some serious jumping to ever hit the rotor or have a big ***** rotor
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

We have NEVER heard any one mention a dent in the silencer before..now we know(and who ever else is reading this). We just didn't expect a dent like that in a $450 system..
    Rob(my husband) thought the same thing RazorbackEXRider said..you would really have to bottom out big time to come close to the rotor.
    And I have to wonder how many comments Rob will get on the dent in his silencer.
    Once again...appreciate the help!!! (I still feel stupid though LOL!)
    Later..Sherri