Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: This is why YFZ's have oiling problems

Oh sorry I didn't see that.. Ha so do I just clean it off with water, or fuel or what?
    And I am assuming that I need to drain the oil before I pull it, correct?
    Thanks
    '09 YFZ 450R
    -Tusk Nerfs with Heel Guards and Footpegs
    -Pro Armor Tether Kill Switch

Originally posted by yamaha_maniack
    Oh sorry I didn't see that.. Ha so do I just clean it off with water, or fuel or what?
    And I am assuming that I need to drain the oil before I pull it, correct?
    Thanks
    I used soapy water to clean it then let it dry completely before putting it back on. I check it every couple oil changes just to be on the safe side, usually there isn't much on it. Yes, you need to drain the oil beforehand and that is why it is best to do this when you change your oil.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

ha alright thanks..
    That is exactly what i needed to know!
    Thanks for the great post too by the way.
    I will be doing this when i change my oil next time.
    Thanks again!
    '09 YFZ 450R

i got another question guys.. sorry.
    but i was just wondering, is this part in a different place on the new R's? or do the new R's even have these?
    Thanks!
    '09 YFZ 450R

i got another question guys.. sorry.
    but i was just wondering, is this part in a different place on the new R's? or do the new R's even have these?
    Thanks!
    I'm not sure, but because they did away with the oil tank it will not be in the same spot.
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

well what i can notice is that there is a tube going in on the other side of the engine next to the cover for the oil filter. i think it is for the coolant, but i could be wrong. do the new ones even have one of those oil pump screens on them like yours? i cant tell for sure, but i am trying to figure it out.. i dont see how it couldnt.

i can post pics tomorrow or sometime this week if you would like.

Thanks guys
    '09 YFZ 450R

well what i can notice is that there is a tube going in on the other side of the engine next to the cover for the oil filter. i think it is for the coolant, but i could be wrong. do the new ones even have one of those oil pump screens on them like yours? i cant tell for sure, but i am trying to figure it out.. i dont see how it couldnt.

i can post pics tomorrow or sometime this week if you would like.

Thanks guys
    I'm not familiar at all with the YFZ450R, so everything is a guess from me. I would hope that the oil pump would have a screen.

Edit: I just checked out an engine schematic for the 2009 YZ450F (Bike Bandit doesn't have the '09 450R up) and it looks like there is an oil strainer. Looks like it's right inside the case where the oil line hooks up to. #16 is the oil strainer (oil screen).

ha alright.. i am just a little confused about that pic, i am not sure if what i am thinking is the screen really is the screen. could you tell me what number the screen is that you are thinking it is please?

also, where do you get those exploded views from? i would like to know for future reference..

Thanks man, i really appreciate the extra effort to help me out!
    '09 YFZ 450R

ha alright.. i am just a little confused about that pic, i am not sure if what i am thinking is the screen really is the screen. could you tell me what number the screen is that you are thinking it is please?

also, where do you get those exploded views from? i would like to know for future reference..

Thanks man, i really appreciate the extra effort to help me out!
    In my post I said #16 is the oil strainer (oil screen). I got it from Bike Bandit . Find the bike/ATV you're looking for and they have all the diagrams for parts along with part numbers.

Looks like they did away with the other screen on ours.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works