Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: This is why YFZ's have oiling problems

Bump! going to check this out on mine the next oil change.
    04 YFZ
    -Red Laker Customs Plastics/Black PCed frame/JB Racing Elka LT front end/Rpm Dominator Axle/Rear Burgard Beadlocks/Front ITP-T9 Bajas/Kenda Klaws all around/X Factor Pro Pegs/Renthal Bars/Streamline Stainless Rear Brakeline/Polished HMF slip on/Powermadd Handguards/AC front bumper...

This is definatly something ppl should know about, Im checking mine the next oil change couse most ppl notice it after they blow there quads up, and i'v blown mine up twice, so BUMP.

also for those of you having trouble finding it heres a good pic of the location. Its # 24, goes in the bottom front of the tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey rob im not tryin to sound like a creep or anything, but ur pretty much a forum god. your posts are rlly helpful to say the least
    08 yfz
    Tusk nerf bars, HMF sport series slip on, Modquad airflow system with K&N and Outterwears pre filter, FMF Jet kit, Cam mod, Maxxis Razrs(rear)

Definitely not a GOD! If I were then I'd be RICH! And all the good people in the world would be rich too. And no kids would have to suffer, and all land would be open to ride quads/dirtibikes/etc... on. LOL Seriously though, I just try to help people out from my findings and my mishaps on dealing with the YFZ. There are others that give the same helpful advice just the same. That's what makes this forum a great place to find information .
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Checked mine and its been 3 years. Not sure if previous owner checked though. It was clean only a few small pieces but not as bad as most.
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

First time I have ever been made aware of the request.

The Mods dont read every thread, a simple pm to me on day 1 would have had this a sticky.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Pappy
    First time I have ever been made aware of the request.

The Mods dont read every thread, a simple pm to me on day 1 would have had this a sticky.
    I thought I had PM'ed you a few years back about it and then recently I Pm'ed the Administrator hoping to get some attention.

Either way, thanks a ton Pappy!
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

how can i remove and clean my oil pump filter screen? i am going to check mine after my next ride because after my next ride i will be getting a maintenance checkup and oil change, etc.. because i am just finishing going through the break-in hours...
    thanks!
    '09 YFZ 450R
    -Tusk Nerfs with Heel Guards and Footpegs
    -Pro Armor Tether Kill Switch

Originally posted by Toadz400
    It's towards the bottom of your oil tank facing towards the engine. Pull that line out and the end of it has that screen on it.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast