Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why YFZ's have oiling problems

Oil screen??

Ok ok...old news I know but I just remembered. Have 06 when it was new I checked this screen as well as replaced the oil filter. After about 4-5 hours of riding there was a little RTV and some aluminum shavings on the screen....a few more shavings than I would have liked but......not one spec of metal in the oil filter anywhere..... So...if you remove the screen you have nothing to stop all that crap from circulating through your oiling system!!!!

(would be lucky to last a season without that screen!!)

so leave it...obviously it is there for a reason.

and if you cut yours off and it's still running I would go buy a new oil line in a hurry

Ok I'm sorry but I am retarded. I can't find this screen anywhere. Is it the one that goes to the right side of the engine case or the left side of the engine case. Also were do disconnect the line to get the screen out.
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

The screen is on the line coming out of the bottom of the oil tank. Just pull that line loose and you will see it.
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

yea I think I found it but that top allen bolt is a ***** to get at.
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

My screen was on the bottom of the oil tank held in by two allen head bolts. Is there a difference between years? Mines an 04'.
    2004 YFZ450
    96mm 13:1, hv headwork, TT -6, 41.5 FCR, Nmotion 9", FCI, oil upgrade, Herrmann swingarm, and steering stem, PRP LT, and frame all PC'd white. TCS front shocks, Shamrock fronts

So maybe I came across a little hard the first time I posted in here. Sorry anyhow I checked it again even after the rebuild and still nothing. Just wondering what kind of stuff you ride your quad threw cuz I've been threw some s**t examples like swamps and water holes marsh grass and mine don't look like any of them posted. Should I be worried its so clean?

I've only seen a screen with junk on it like that after a motor had blown up and there were metal pieces everywhere.....seriously.....how the h*ll do you get GRASS in your oil???
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Originally posted by 400grl
    I've only seen a screen with junk on it like that after a motor had blown up and there were metal pieces everywhere.....seriously.....how the h*ll do you get GRASS in your oil???
    I was kinda wondering the same.....how did grass get in your oil??
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

Originally posted by Ride1Rob
    Like stated in my post, the bikes fresh off of a rebuild. That's where all the gunk from the loctite is from. The grass... I haven't had that problem since I got rid of my stock filter. Once I went with my K&N it solved that problem... til I checked it this time. Recently I've had a friend of mine whose bike was having motor problems due to lack of oil. I kept asking the guy at the shop to check that screen and I don't think he ever did.
    Grass in oil through air filter? Or do u mean crankcase vent? I would think it would have gone out exhaust.

That is weird and I don't think it could have come in through the airfilter and make it's way past the piston and heat. It looked like a couple strands of grass but could have been cloth buildup or something
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works