Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why YFZ's have oiling problems

I dunno about the rest of you, but I've had mine since March 22 of 05 and I was completely unaware until about 5 minutes ago there was even a filter in there? lol.

Guess I better check it
    #49 Tom Simon

Originally posted by 06YFZ450SE
    I have had my YFZ450 from sept 06 and I have never looked at this screen. I change my oil/oil filter every 10 hours and I clean my UNI after 2 rides. I just did an oil change so Iam gonna wait till I do another oil change to it. I have about 70-75 hours on my quad give or take some. So what do I clean the screen with. Thanks
    just use carb cleaner opr brakleen wipe it off and the cleaner will evaporate off
    Houser Framed Honda CRF450 Hybrid
    Everything houser, Everything custom axis, or walsh, Titanium TC exhaust, etc etc

dont use an air compressor to blow it off because you will just blow all that crap into your filter and into the oil line.

Originally posted by YFZ450 11x
    I dont even know why its there??? I cut mine right out over a year ago and havent had a problem. The bike already has an oil filter!!!

yeah yamaha spent time an money putting it in for you to cut out why u think its there for looks?

whats up, well after reading this tread. i wanted to check my screen. just a little info first. my bike is an 07 yfz450 ballance se. the bike is also stock., and isnt raced. with about 30 hours on it and maybe 5 oil changes. there wasnt a single speck on it, i mean not a thing. i was kinda mad for doing this check. but at least i got peace of mind now, with this bike. later
    2008 kfx450r yoshi rs-2,dynojet programmer, fuel intake

After I read this I checked mine and I've had my yfz since end of November of 05. Nothing on it at all. I had an insane amount of time on mine. In my opinion its a waste of time to check it. To each is own.

Originally posted by ready4oryou2
    After I read this I checked mine and I've had my yfz since end of November of 05. Nothing on it at all. I had an insane amount of time on mine. In my opinion its a waste of time to check it. To each is own.
    Preventative measures are NEVER a waste of time......as opinionated as your post was meant, you need to appreciate people like Rob that try to help fellow riders. Next time keep your negative comments to yourself, please.
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

agreed. '06 with 40 hours and the JT oil fix. 3rd oil change showed minor red gasked shavings on screen, and a few peices of clutch fiber. NOT a waste of time for me. All it takes is a few people with buildup to make a case for inspection. We have that, and on top of the proof, it only takes 5 minutes to check. Someone needs to brush up on thier wrenching skills. I'm sure you've wasted 5 minutes of your life before and not been too angry about it.
    Blue 2006 YFZ. Yoshimura RS-7, AC Blackline pro pegs, Blackline bumper, Armadillo swinger skid, Twin Air setup J&T oil upgrade

People who have dealt with me very respectably: johnsls, ffchad89, Slackjaw776, mc_racer.

Nobody has burned me yet...

Thank's Rob for the info, will check it out on my quads and if there is something I'll post the pics! I hope there is nothing but is its worth to try !!!

No problem guys. I understand that everyone won't appreciate someone trying to help them . What's good on one bike may be a disaster waiting to happen on another. Like stated before, It's called preventative maintnance. I would say mine looked like that after the rebuild because it wasn't as clean built like coming from the factory.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works