Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why YFZ's have oiling problems

Im not worried I change my oil once a week. It comes out the same color it goes in
    Rich Joseph
    YFZ 450
    #11x
    NEATV MX
    www.spasticdesign.com

Originally posted by YFZ450 11x
    Im not worried I change my oil once a week. It comes out the same color it goes in
    You could change it everyday... that still wouldn't stop whatever trash that's in there from cycling through your motor when you're riding/racing. Hopefully none of your bearings or anything go bad
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

screen

Hey thanks for the info I am a honda tech working for velocity cycles and only rarely see the yfz but now I know to look at that to. Theres some stuff about the 450r that most dealerss don't check and even honda doesn't really say anything about.

should we cut out that screen? or should we leave it in.ijust did my first oil change on my new 05.and will check this on my next oil change.and i will remove it if it will not hurt my motor.

Originally posted by 05yfz450
    should we cut out that screen? or should we leave it in.ijust did my first oil change on my new 05.and will check this on my next oil change.and i will remove it if it will not hurt my motor.
    I'm not moving mine! That gunk you see in the screen would have been in my motor if not for that screen. Main thing is to check it.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

I'm a little worried about mine now I have an 06 model and haven't checked it once yikes right. I am gonna cehck it before I ride it again. My question is how hard is it to get at? Can I do it with my oil tank still in the quad or do I have to remove it? Thanks for the info.

Chris
    2004 400ex +2 laegers works triple rates g force axle axis rear shock herrman +1 stem tag h&h bars rock nerfs jardine slip on ac bumper lsr block off and 250r hood.
    District 3 #49

Leave it in or out?

I would leave it in. If you remove the screen that stuff will go threw your oil pump and could damage it. Sure the oil filter will catch it but that oil filter will clog up quicker than that screen will.

Mods, this thread should be made a sticky. Every YFZ owner should be aware of this screen and to make sure to check it and clean it every few oil changes, if not every oil change.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Where is that located on the quad? I want to check mine but don't know where it's at.

Thanks!
    Ted J

Brother and I have:

-'06 Blue 700R - Stock for now except for a precision steering stabilizer and Alba Nerfs- Soon to go on: Dr. D Slip-on, Trinity Intake, and Alba fuel controller

-'06 White 700R - CT Racing full pipe, Dobeck, and Pro-Design Pro-Flow Intake with the lid off, precision steering stabilizer and Yamaha Nerfs

Wheelie fun machine soon to be fixed and put up for sale: '98 300EX

Re: screen

Originally posted by Builder
    Hey thanks for the info I am a honda tech working for velocity cycles and only rarely see the yfz but now I know to look at that to. Theres some stuff about the 450r that most dealerss don't check and even honda doesn't really say anything about.
    what stuff Im interested

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast