Originally posted by xrxmxcx
After reading this i dont really understand your reasoning behind thinking that pieaces of grass can end up in your oil filter screen after going through your filter.
So a piece of grass gets past your airfilter? How that happens is a mystery to me, i always check all clamps and hoses prior to riding, but anyways... The piece of grass gets sucked into the carb, and through the valves into the combustion chamber. Your saying that when that happens the piece of grass it gonna make it down past the rings and into the lower end? I dont think so, it will get blown out the exhaust ports probably and never to be seen again, if it wasnt burned up on the combustion stroke. The only way that you can actually get "grass" in your oil is a breather line or the idea that it actually is clutch plate fibers.

just my .02
Maybe you're correct on the way it got in, but it was on my oil screen. On more than one occasion I found grass clippings in my stock filter as it was needling through the filter. That's why I figured it got in through there.

I also never figured out why they didn't make this a sticky . There are many that didn't know about the screen until they saw this thread. Hell, there are dealerships mechanics that don't know about this screen. Definitely good preventative maintnance.