Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: engineering breakthrough?

Originally posted by PismoLocal
    I wonder how fuel efficient those motors would be.
    He said 150 mpg as a starting point

Originally posted by MOFO
    Paging Wilkins!!!

I dont know... I see a few major flaws in this design... one being cooling and stress related to the internal parts...
    yah, i see what you mean by stress, i dont see what or how a lube source could apply to that design.

as for cooling, im sure a water jacket could surround the cylinder
    +Jeremy D'ambrosio+

Originally posted by 450robot
    yah, i see what you mean by stress, i dont see what or how a lube source could apply to that design.

as for cooling, im sure a water jacket could surround the cylinder

I doubt a water jacket would be enough... did you see how many power strokes this thing has during each revolution. There is going to be some MASSIVE heat issues.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Originally posted by MOFO
    I doubt a water jacket would be enough... did you see how many power strokes this thing has during each revolution. There is going to be some MASSIVE heat issues.
    the only thing that i could see would be maybe that the heat is pumped out of the engine so quick that there isn't as much of an issue as i would imagine. I think it is a neat idea but I think he will run into alot of friction with the automobile industry and the fuel industry.
    I've turned into a "back when i raced" guy

That guy's a genius. To bad it wasn't invented 20 years ago so it would be in more cars today.

i dont think it would be a reliable motor
    yz250f
    yfz450

very interesting. it'll be fun to see how it pans out. even if it doesn't 'make it', at least people are thinking.

it would put a huge impact on our economy with 150 to the gallon and did it run on corn oil?
    2004 Honda 450R, +4 lonstar, ss front lines, nerfs, +2 LT housers, longtravel Pep big bottle comp and reb adj. triple rate shocks with rezzies and clamp.. , 13:1 compression piston, hrc cam,full belly ac skid plate. 8x8 beads with mxr's powdercoated red with black ring, Kumho radials on powdercoated red rims. lots more pc'd items. renthal fatbars, stealth black powdercoated frame, and guesseted, also powdercoated fire red clutch cover and valve cover,,
    http://atvnews.s4.bizhat.com/index.php?mforum=atvnews
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/quader400

Originally posted by quader400
    it would put a huge impact on our economy with 150 to the gallon and did it run on corn oil?
    I think it could run on just about anything

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    I can pretty much say right now, I don't think that motor will be reliable at all. Do the math, 4000 foot pounds of torque in something that small. The internal parts, will be just too small to take the stress that, that motor will be making.

Brilliant idea, it's just one of those things that will be too good to be true, and if they can build it to be reliable it will be massivley de-tunned, and expensive as hell.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast