Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A race stopped not by environmentalist, but by...

A race stopped not by environmentalist, but by...

An open letter to all AGP participants, their families and anyone in the industry that is interested.

Reluctantly weÕre canceling the Evansville Atlantic Grand Prix event at Evansville Motocross Park, because thereÕs a nasty rumor that was started within another racing association that is opposed to what we are doing...and that is that if you ride the AGP Evansville race you might be disqualified at their association event which is at the same location the following weekend...Why? Because it might be considered pre-riding the course.

The problem is that over the last two weeks, IÕve been fielding phone call, after phone call from AGP motorcycle participants concerned that if they ride our event, that they would be points void or disqualified at the association event the following weekend. Most all calls came from riders or families of riders that are in tight points races for that associations championship.

WeÕre still trying to find out how the rumor started, but from what we can tell it was started at an association hare scrambles race two weekends ago.

What bothers me the most is that this story would not have ever happened had we not tried to help out an association club that was in trouble.

HowÕs that? Well our friends in the association club that is hosting the association event the following weekend, came to us because they lost their property and asked us if we could help them find a location for their event. We recommended Evansville and we set them up with the land owner and worked things out for them to have their race in 2006.

Then a couple of weeks ago...on the association web bulletin board, a member from the promoting club posted a message thanking Atlantic Grand Prix for getting them the land and wanted everyone to know that Atlantic Grand Prix helped them save their hare scrambles. What happened next was that the association pulled that members post and someone from within the organization chastised that person for posting it.

Then the associationÕs Hare Scrambles President...who happens to be a really a good guy posted a message on the association web bulletin board last week stating that it was OK to ride the AGP Evansville event, but within minutes of him posting that message one of the web moderators pulled his post because members that control the association web bulletin board didnÕt want their members to know the truth about what was going on.

Why? Because thereÕs a group of people within the association that have been trying their best to destroy the Atlantic Grand Prix series.

This isnÕt the first time this has happened and itÕs been going on for a while now.

Just prior to our AMA National Hare Scrambles event in Eagleswood NJ on October 14 and 15 the association decided to make our event year end points-void for their members.

Why? Because they thought that they could keep their association riders away from our event.

The excuse they were using this time was that our gate fees was not in compliance with their associationÕs rule book, which has a rule stating that association gate fees canÕt exceed $5.00.

To comply with the association rules we offered to refund the association members at signup $5.00 out of our pocket so that we would comply with their association rules and they said no it had to be for everyone coming through the gate and with over 2500 people coming through the gate over the weekend it would have cost us close to $12,000 and that would have put us $10,000 in the red.

What everyone should know is for the Atlantic Grand Prix series to secure our venues we partner with communities that normally wouldnÕt have us. 100% of our gate fees go to charities within the community that our events are held in. ThatÕs the only reason we get these prime locations, apparently some in the association are worried that our races are just much better than theirs and they are afraid of what weÕre building.

My primary concern now is that the damage has already been done and that a lot of riders that were going to be coming, are not. It really doesnÕt matter at this point what is said because the participants donÕt know who to believe anymore.

At this point I really donÕt know who to believe anymore, because their story changes daily, but what we do know is that there is no way that we are going to punish riders that I count as close friends for someone elseÕs arrogance and stupidly.

I personally would have to be nuts to even run the event this weekend considering the problems that this group of people have caused both me and my business.

My only goal all along has been to put on the best events and the best races for both Motorcycles and Quads and I believe weÕve succeeded.

Again the only people that are being hurt by all of this is the racers, their families and the fine people at that run Evansville Raceway.

Again I have to apologize for the cancellation, but I feel that itÕs time that everyone knows what is really going on so that itÕs stopped once and for all, the damage that these people are causing to our sport is 100 times worse than what any environmental group could ever do to us.

Sincerely
    Dale

Dale Freitas
    Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix series.
    Best Cross Country series in the North Eastern United States:
    http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com
    New Jersey Off-Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA):
    http://www.njohva.org

I cant believe that they would start something like that. Does this mean that the Season is over? Or is there any other races schudeuled to replace this one.

-Pat
    99 416ex... #775
    enough stuff

85 350x....

C&D Racing, RRP cycle

Don't believe Dale's statement on why this event was cancelled. It is filled with misinformation and outright lies for the purpose of trying to make another association look bad. Dale starts the problems and tries to blame evryone else.

Guys...

Fred Biletnikof is one of the guys running block and tackel for the assoication in question. He's posting under a fake name and he's only regestered for the first time on this and every other site.

This is just a continuation of this assoication practice.

Dale

Fred Biletnikof
    TT Newbie

Re: A race stopped not by environmentalist, but by...

Not neccessarily cancelled, just when anything goes wrong, he blames someone else. The 05 race was a debacle because they didn't want to follow State Police guidelines and the races got delayed. This year again there were major delays, riders sat on the start line for over an hour and the 3 hour main event only lasted an hour and 45 minutes.
    And my response

Fred,

I didn't see your name in the results either this year or last year. So I was wondering where you were getting your facts.

No one is blaming anyone.

You mention the 2005 event but most of those delays were caused by the association scoring equipment malfunctioning and then having to rescore the youth events by hand before we could make those computers available for the next race.

There wasnÕt any issues with the state police others than those caused by the association members that were there to stop the event...If it was a major problem the state police would have stopped it.

On the ambulance issue this year...WeÕre sorry, but there was suppose to be two ambulances and the second one was on call in the community servicing an emergency and wasnÕt available at the time that we needed it.

Unfortunately this years delay was caused because we had to enter in close to 400 riders into the database for the first time and you canÕt start a race until the riders are in the computer.

No one is blaming anyone...the only reason we posted this letter in the first place is because the association refuses to address the issue and they thought that they could keep it contained in their fishbowl.

All IÕm asking is that the association puts a stop to those that are causing the problem.

Dale

Block & tackle? I'm more of a receiver.
    You cancel an event and blame someone else for it for the sole purpose of starting trouble. You are not going to get a free ride spreading your lies and propaganda. Enough is enough!!

Dale has been very dedicated to this sport and his series. He has canceled races in the past and is completely upfront about his reasons. He didn't even mention the other association by name so how can you say he is just trying to start trouble? I think you are pissing in the wind "Fred" if you think we are going to fall for your bs. Your series is about dead anyway and besides it is all bikes so don't come to a quad board and expect sympathy.
    Adam

Make sure you check out Breezewood Proving Grounds

I'm not looking for sympathy. Dale may have been upfront in the past, but not this time. Dale is very dedicated and when you talk to him he is very sincere. He can make you believe almost anything, especially if you don't have all the facts. Unfortunately behind his dedication and sincerity he has an agenda that is disgraceful and hurtful. I've seen him in action for too many years now.

Fred,

You're not even using a real name ÒFred BiletnikoffÓ and you've changed the state you're from on three different web BB's all on this subject.

It's almost as though youÕre a cyber stalker.

I'm beginning to feel as though you might be one of the people in the association that stated the problem and are now running damage control.

Dale

P.S. I never mentioned the association by name...interesting isn't it.

It's not that interesting. Most of the problems you talk about are of your doing. I'm not a stalker, I just think it's unfair for you to post your propaganda with no one to dispute it. It would be nice for all the parties involved to have a sit down, but you're in such denial that it probably wouldn't be productive.

Fred,

I'm more than willing to have a sit down, but the way they do things is behind closed doors when you're not there to present your position.

Isn't that how this who thing started in the first place?

Dale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast