Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shifting gears in a wheelie...

Shifting gears in a wheelie...

yeah so i can find the balancing point, and keep it going for a while. the problem is that i run out of gear. so i have had people tell me they ride strait through all 5 or 6 gears depending on what they ride. anyways, my question is...how? i cant seem to be able to get out of 1st (or 2nd if thats what i start in). any suggestions? how does the quad react when shifting while up? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    04' 450R
    Trinity Racing Stage IV Exhaust
    AC Nerf Bars
    IMS Foot Pegs
    PRM bumper and grab bar
    (Twist throttle for sale)

man i ride a 400 and if you have found the balance point you shouldnt be running it out in 1st or 2nd, you should be able to just play with the throttle and keep it right on balance, but if you want to shift gears u need to find that balance point and go a little past it and then shift in time enough so the front end wont come down on you. man try riding a wheelie up an incline, not a very big one but it is easier that way, i think, it easier to balance it. then when you get that down you should be able to do them on a flat area no problem.

if you are in the ballance point you can shift easy but i dont you got it if you cant shift

just go back alittle farther and do a quick shift

you will get it

hey, im not sayin your not a bp (balance point), but if you are you should be able to keep it at one speed, maybe rock it back a little further and walk it with the rear brake, but if you go just past bp and use the brake, you should be able to slow a wheelie down to whatever speed you want, or even a stop, practice practice practice, oh and i dont know of your sitting, but if you put your left foot on the grab bar it makes it alot easier to learn bp, but you cant shift from there, but you will get alot more comfortable with the feeling of being at bp, and try to 12 o'clock it a couple times, then youll know exactly how far you can go
    06 ltr 450
    Pro armor fat pegs
    Cherry bomb
    AC blackline bumper
    AC grab bar
    Pingel tether
    Yoshi rs-5
    Gen-X hood with scoop
    Attack graphics custom number plates
    FUEL atv carbon fiber fuel pump cover
    FUEL atv gripper seat cover
    Flexx Bars
    moose parking brake block off plate
    power commander
    trail tech mr16 halogen lights

02 GSXR 600-streetfighter

Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
    if you are in the ballance point you can shift easy but i dont you got it if you cant shift

just go back alittle farther and do a quick shift

you will get it
    ya without the clutch...it takes too long if u use the clutch...i can go from 2nd all the way to 5th with my front end off the ground
    2009 KTM450XC.

Originally posted by krt400ex
    ya without the clutch...it takes too long if u use the clutch...i can go from 2nd all the way to 5th with my front end off the ground

i use the clutch, you just have to be fast with it i start in 2nd and go to 5th

Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
    i use the clutch, you just have to be fast with it i start in 2nd and go to 5th

wow, ur good...i can't do it with the clutch...
    2009 KTM450XC.

Originally posted by krt400ex
    wow, ur good...i can't do it with the clutch...
    just keep trying you can do it

ya, its takes alot of practice to shift in a wheelie with the clutch. i just stay in 1st or 2nd
    2004 yfz--to much to list

2001 400ex----SOLD

2003 KFX 400
    Metal Mulisha graphics
    Full razrs
    AC dirtscreen
    Black powdercoated rims and bumper
    Pro circuit t-4
    Trail tech speedometer
    Trail tech handlebars
    Shock covers
    Uni filter
    Durablue HD axle

ok so i have no classes or work tomarrow so you know what im gonna be doing. practice practice practice. so nobody ever explained what the bike does when you do shift. does it raise back up further? or stay or go down? and whats a 12 o'clock?
    04' 450R
    Trinity Racing Stage IV Exhaust
    AC Nerf Bars
    IMS Foot Pegs
    PRM bumper and grab bar
    (Twist throttle for sale)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast