Thread: CRF Build

CRF Build

Ok everyone on this thread preaches about the YZ400, 426, 450 conversions, but what about the CRF 450?? It seems like everyone that runs the CRF motor has an aftermarket frame...I was just curious what it takes to put that motor into a modified ex chassis to see if thats a route worth taking, thanks for any info!
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Here's one. It's not mine, but it looks pretty nice.

Walsh YZ

Thanks to Quinn Motorsports, Mike's Bikes and Xplicit Motorsports

Yep thats definetly a nice ex/crf conversion. Jody Bateman did a great job on the frame. Its fun to ride, when I take it out of the shop lol. Thanks for the props gtilley45. I just got done freshening the engine up.

-Clayton

I would say its worth taking, but the YZF conversions are said to be easier. I just depends on what you want.
    With aftermarket frames getting decently cheap, I would go that route with a CRF motor.
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

CRAZY VERY NICE !!!!
    2009 Inter CMRC #243

if you look down a couple posts there is a how to on it you really only need to make motor mounts mount the rad extend the kicker and make a tube to move the carb

Originally posted by stocktires
    I would say its worth taking, but the YZF conversions are said to be easier. I just depends on what you want.
    With aftermarket frames getting decently cheap, I would go that route with a CRF motor.
    Yea that could be a route but the reason im asking is because i already have a 400ex, take my motor out and i have a decently modded rolling chassis. I could sell the ex engine to offset the cost of the new motor and would be well on my way to a sweet quad. To build one from the ground up would take a substantial investment, although i know aftermarket frames are better, but i need to work with what i have. Im not really partial to the CRF or YZ i was just curious because i see alot of CRF motors on ebay, so if i find a good deal with either one i will prolly grab it. Thanks for the input guys....
    '06 LTR 450R MX

Oh and they must have just put that how-to up, it was not here when i started this post. Thanks for the heads up though!
    '06 LTR 450R MX