Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Question Just Wondering

I WAS JUST WONDERING? IF I BOUGHT A NEW APEX, WHAT DOES EVERYONE CHANGE TO GO RACING? MY SON IS 11 AND HAS RACED MX FOR 3 YEARS, PUT A LOT OF MONEY IN OUR QUAD NOW, BUT THESE APEX GIVE YOU SO MUCH FROM THE START. JUST THINKING ABOUT THINGS LIKE PORTING, SHOCKS, PIPES, ETC...

has anybody ported theres yeat? was the port timing changed? and did you go to a bigger carb?

No, I haven't bought one yet. We're running an Eton now with a 28 mm and just wondering if this quad would be cheaper to build than putting more money in the Eton.

We have upgraded the carb to 28mm and next will be shocks. We have been running MX and flat track with 0 problems incl. the shocks yet. We open eyes at the tracks when we race people they cant believe box stock how nice these bikes are.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

We will race one this weekend Straight out of the box. With the exception of a different air filter . Changed jetting, and aluminum nerfs, grab bar and bumper. Serviced all pivot areas with grease, changed the tranny fluid out, changed the coolant out.
    Roller weights and clutching remains stock. Soon we will install the fox air floats, running the stock length shocks. Later we will upgrade to longer shocks all the way around with gull wing a arms, and different design swingarm.

Originally posted by kasea90cc
    has anybody ported theres yeat? was the port timing changed? and did you go to a bigger carb?
    The port timing was upgraded slightly from the factory.
    The 2007 Assco pulls harder than a comparable "Thumpstar" style watercooled engine. It could be an increase in compression.
    I always run a larger carbureator than a 24mm. However I will address the intake tract before installing anything larger.

Originally posted by atv70x
    No, I haven't bought one yet. We're running an Eton now with a 28 mm and just wondering if this quad would be cheaper to build than putting more money in the Eton.
    Until you get Double a arms that work and offer long travel suspension. With disc brakes up front . You can give up as much as 5 seconds in a downhill off camber turn.
    That is the real answer. I witnessed it enough to make me sick.
    We now have a Appex ProMx as the primary bike for the 90cc and 70cc cvt classes.
    There is also a Cobra in our Horizon. For the Cobra Class.
    And a Typhoon for the National 125 4 stroke class.

Billy,
    Do you have plans to run the apex at the national races at all?

East Coast Performance

My son will have to come up to speed first. He has had a long layoff. Due to my other obligations.
    We will have other Riders on the Apex at the Nationals.

Great! can wait to here the results. My 2 riders are 7 and do great locally. Cant wait till they are up to speed to run some national events.

Cool to see you here. Your knowledge will be much needed on this site.

East Coast Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast