Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon 90 motor work

Typhoon 90 motor work

I am looking to get my son a typhoon 90. I am sure after some seat time we will want to do engine mods to it. I was looking on the Xtreme web page and saw that they offer a diff. high comp. head, cam as well as a 107 up grade. Has anyone done anything to theres? If so how have they worked?

I have done this mod and it is a night and day difference compared to the one's I've sold that didn't have it. You won't be dissapointed.

What mod did you do? A new cam? What cc motor 90 or 125?

?

Can you put this kit on the 125? I mean the 107? or the I believe 90cc Kit? to meet the 90cc rules class? Just wondering? I wonder if the 107 kit on a 125 will put out more power than the stock 125? Oh yeah has anyone come out with a fix for the clutch slipping? I think I should address that one before I add more power!

The mod that was done is the 107cc kit that is offered directly from Xtreme.

Not sure if the cam will be different than what the 125 already has in it.

The clutch slipping? Are referring to the clutch not engaging when the shifter is held up or down so you can slip the clutch with the shifter rather than having to use a manual clutch. I am currently working on this problem!

clutch!

I was referring to the clutch just slipping under power, 2nd, 3rd, especially 4th gear under any accelerration. I refer to this when I ride it, and with my son it is barely noticable in 3rd, but 4th is slipping under accelerration at speed not just putting around. We would like to get more power, but the auto-clutch set-up will not allow it. I am a little surprised on how long it is taking to find a fix, almost two-months in a week. I have heard there are alot of people trying to fix this issue so just a little surprised, I know it is a new machine that didn't have any testing so I am giving them the benifit of doubt. We just want the Quad to be right, not too much to ask for, I ordered it six months ago so We have been very patient!

I haven't had this problem show up on any that I've sold. Are you sure that you have the clutch adjusted correctly? Should be all the way out and 1/8 to 1/4 turn in.

you need to change the clutch from a 4 clutch plate to a 5 clutch with HD spings
    it worked for me!
    atv dad

No More Slipping?

It doesn't slip, how much time do you have on it? How is the shifting action with this set-up? Did Xtreme give this to you or did you get it elsewhere? Do you think it will handle extra power mods, like more hp?

clutch slipping

so far so good . we have put alot of time on it and it works good.
    parts came from xtreme.
    i'm going to put a WRH head on it this weekend!!
    well see if it can handle the billy holt power!!
    atv dad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast