Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFX 450 Tecate?

Lightbulb KFX 450 Tecate?

Since it's not released yet- and something i have seen repeatedly on every list from us forum readers is an interest to see this new kawi dubbed "Tecate".

I agree- therfore I sent a request to Kawi for just that.

If anyone else wants to see this be the new Tecate- .......email em----we are their buying public, i bet they listen.

I think racing quads should have names- let the dirtbikes have letter designations!

yeah, right. Are you a tecate.com owner or did you reserve a similiar domain?

No dude, im just a fan of the bikes.

look on the forums for yourself - Im just trying to help people get what they ask for- by asking them to help themselves.

peace

no offense, but i don't think it would work. they've already got most of the bike planned out it seems and they're supposedly going to be starting productions of them in january. so i doubt they're going to want to have inform everyone on a name change and make all new decals.

you know?
    250R - LRD, Renthals, IMS, Graydon, Douglas, Lonestar, One, etc.
    300ex - Curtis Sparks, Tag, Clarke, Renthal, ITP, Kenda, Champion, PEP, Douglas, Laeger, K&N, etc.

I wish they WOULD call it the Tecate. I'm getting sick of everything being the R model. CRF450R, TRX450R, LT450r, KFX450r, Predator 700r,...etc.
    2005 450R

Decals are cheap, easy items to incorporate on a product. They havent spent any money on promotion (consumer brochures) at this point, so I see no reason they couldnt make this happen.

All im saying is email em with the request- not trying is a sure way to not get what you want.

Think Tecate-

Oh, and Jess- I totally agree with you. Dirtbikes get letter number names- quads used to get actual names. It would still be the kfx 450r model Tecate!

word

Originally posted by reptileis
    Decals are cheap, easy items to incorporate on a product. They havent spent any money on promotion (consumer brochures) at this point, so I see no reason they couldnt make this happen.

All im saying is email em with the request- not trying is a sure way to not get what you want.

Think Tecate-

Oh, and Jess- I totally agree with you. Dirtbikes get letter number names- quads used to get actual names. It would still be the kfx 450r model Tecate!

word
    not trying to start an argument at all with you or anything, but some/a lot of the earliest quads were just numbers

ie. 250r, lt250r, lt500r, 250x, lt230, even the trikes were. 250r, 200x, 350x, 250sx, atc90/70/110, etc. and now they're still doing it. ltz400, kfx400, 400ex, 300ex, yfz450, 660r, 700r, they actually have them for the banshee(yfz350) and blaster(yfs200) too but the names are just easier to remember.

it's just yamaha and kawi really that has had names
    250R - LRD, Renthals, IMS, Graydon, Douglas, Lonestar, One, etc.
    300ex - Curtis Sparks, Tag, Clarke, Renthal, ITP, Kenda, Champion, PEP, Douglas, Laeger, K&N, etc.

Originally posted by SET THE STAGE

it's just yamaha and kawi really that has had names
    Yes they all have numbers but like you said, names are easier to remember. Which is why they should call it Tecate...and for historical/sentimental/coolfactor values. LOL.

BTW, don't forget about quadracer, quadzilla, big red, predator. Its not just a kawi and yomamaha thing.

On a side note, isn't the LTR called a quadracer or something like that? After writing this, I realized that there a lot of bikes that don't have the numbers and the letter "R" after it. I guess I hear about the 450s more than everything else combined.
    2005 450R

I think the KTM is the only one who has both a 450 (sport) and a 450R

and with reguard to quad names- my point is only that i see many forum posters saying that they would like THIS particular kawi 450 to be called a tecate - im just trying to inspire anyone with the same thoughts to act on it.

But i do preffer the names to the model numbers. Hands down!

If i recall correctly, was the 250r originally a fourtrax 250r, I'm goin all the way back to 1986, If i am wrong please correct me.
    Full Throttle Racing
    2009 CAN AM DS450x mx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast