Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rootar's 05 crf build

Rootar is offline .........................

Rootar's 05 crf build

here she is motor and frame got here friday and saturday i worked on it till i had to go to work then sunday mounring i finished it out.

still needs the raditor filled (didnt have enogh), put oil in it, tighten and lube chain, and of course put the plastic on it

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross

here are my radiator brackets i made, i dont work much with aluminum (usually steel) so i think these turned out pretty decent
    Ross

I HAVE TO FIND A NEW THROTTLE SETUP my setup is really really ghetto. thats a clutch perch adjuster that i grined threads of to make it fit jsut perfect and tight and i threaded the end to fit my cable into

what do all you guys run??? will the crf twin cable be modified to work with my thumbthrottle?
    Ross

to use whit the crf carburator use a honda foreman 400es 2001 carburator cable work just fine
    GRM Fab work

Nice!
    what're you doing with all your old stuff?
    Mitch
    2003 Jb crf450

YFZ450 throttle cable works perfect also.
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

Originally posted by 400exMO
    Nice!
    what're you doing with all your old stuff?
    for sale if ya need anything i prolly have it i was looking and the only thing i need to assemble an entire 400ex is two right side arms and a front brake system lol and some tires and wheels

is that the yfz quad or the yzf bikes cable i would need, im making a trip on wednesday to have this header modified and there are dealerships all around where im going so if there is anything special i need let me know

thanks ahead of time
    Ross

well i started her up this afternoon, cranked right up on the second kick! i was pretty impressed considering i think the last time it was started was in march.

tomorrow damon will fix me up with the throttle cable and setup they use on the crf's he has built and ill have the header fixed (my idle was to high with my setup, so i didnt ride it. i let it idle for about 5 minutes then rode around the shop a couple times in first to warm it up so i could check the oil and then i loaded it up in my truck)

only thing im waiting to get here is my Pro armor nerfs, my AC's wont work and my brother has a set of proarmors on his 400 and they are solid as a tank so i shelled out some extra cash and got me some good nerfs
    Ross

...... this thing is alot LIGHTER. before my frame sit with my arms jsut barely above level now its at least and 1" 3/4ths higher at the frame guess i need to re-adjust my shocks
    Ross

I wish that was my bike. Looks very very good. Have you had a change to ride it?
    Also did you buy the rekluse from him?
    Mitch
    2003 Jb crf450

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast