Thread: lt80 clutch help

lt80 clutch help

lt80 Jack I think it is. the kids kfz80 has flatspots again I'm thinking. I put 3 I think it was. what ever you told me last spring. and she has been playing in the sand. It's got a trinity pipe on it thats all. I cant rember how much your motor's are but dont think I have the cash now any way for the whole thing. she is racing flat track this winter with it and was trying to stay away from down time. can she run your clutches with stock motor? do you have them in stock? or do you need the core's up frount? will your clutch last in the sand? or will I still get flat spots every 6mo thanks for the help

You prolly have 4 rollers in there now.
    Clutch mods don't work w/o a motor to turn them (For the most part, keep reading).

With no motor work you will go in the direction of gearing up to get speed. This is where the 4 rollers thing will help. The other thing would be to lower the weight of the 3 rear clutch shoes from 210 grams to 180 grams (each).
    I'm guessing that you'll want a 12/13 front sprocket to go with the 22 rear.

"flat spots every 6 mo."
    That's a lil funny. It tells me that your maint. schedule is non existant. This may work for a pure stock yard ride but not a dune/racer. I service my clutchs before every race or big ride.
    I can do it in 10 minutes, you can too after doing it a few times.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

It was closer to 9 mo lol. what do you do 4 maint? on clutch. I dont know if the turftammers (18's) are part of it. that what she runs in the dirt

I remove and clean the hub (variator) and rollers. Replacing flat rollers (if any).
    I take the rear clutch off and inspect the bearings.
    FYI: I only use a dab of grease when installing the rollers.
    I doubt the tires have anything to do w/it.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose

well I got in there and it was very dirty. I put a washer in it last time but I'm not so sure it was part of the bike my 4 year old was helping me. I could see belt dust all over in there. and a small grove in belt where washer was hitting it. so doese this washer go in there?

Yes it does.
    It goes on before the fixed face does.
    You got it right I'm sure.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose