Thread: Keep getting dirt in carb.

Keep getting dirt in carb.

I keep getting dirt in the carb. It seem like it is very time we ride. This when I got gas in look in the can and you can see dirt in the can. So I got a different can and went to another station. This time I had more dirt in the can. The boys want to go ride and at the end of the day, the oldest bike started to run bad. Like the main jet is clogged. On the way home I picked up a new small filter for the gas line. Is there a filter that i can use filter the gas going in to the can. I look in Jeg and summit for a paper filter.

Uptmor250r

Paul,
    Outerwears makes a funnel cover. I'd think any outerwear could be used to filter the fuel.
    I'd think JLucky,Rocky Mountain,etc. would have filters. And a filter is highly reconmmended,,but also:::

You should install a filter on the carb vent line up under the hood.
    This is where 95% of the dirt in carb comes from.
    A uni-filter #UP-101 will work. The end is bigger than the tube, but if you wrap some duct tape around the tube, you can get it to fit fine.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Lt80

One more thing what is the ngk spark plug cap number. I can't find the number that I order in the past.

45lt80