Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Carb should i get for my 400ex?

Exclamation What Carb should i get for my 400ex?

I am looking to get a new carb. I have a stock EX with some basic mods. I have a aluminum oversized airbox, K & N, jetkit, WB slipon pipe (e-sieries), and WB CDI box (rev limiter). I was looking at the edelbrock carb or keihin. i think i will get a 39, but i don't know yet. any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I am going to get some motor work done also and i would like to get the cark first. I think a 440 or 416 kit? Where should i get the carb from and what price? i have seen them at duncan racing for $ 400 to $ 470 range, also in Dennis Kirk.

Any help please!?!?!?!

Chris

Just my opinion but I'd start with the motor work. If you really want the carb first get and FCR from Sparks.
    '02 400 EX - Bling, Bling !

39 FCR

do you have a # for sparks or web address.

i know i should do the motor work first ,but i am having promlems with the needle jet holder. The jetting is messed up too. We are getting ready to go down to Little Sahara Sand dunes on the 19th of this month so i am in need of a carb that works if the parks that i ordered don't fix my problem. Thanks for your input guys.

Chris

Nah.... get the Edlebrock Quicksilver.... all that golden color and shiny ness looks saweet

I did my motor work first, then put on the FCR. And let me tell you it really woke that motor up! I like the FCR for the tunablity, then again it takes a little more time to get it dialed in.
    It is good to see someone else from Iowa. Have you been to the Little Sahara before. We are going again in November.
    There is a link to Sparks web site in the links page. Be careful when ordering a FCR. I ordered one from K&K last year and all I got was a carb, no cable, jets, mounting hardware, ect.... and I paid the same price as everyone else that got everything. Just be sure that you get everything.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

I run the edelbrock and I love it. I bought it when my bike was stock in anticiptaion for my 440 kit. It worked good with my stock bike and diffently adde power. It works even better on the 440 kit. The float bowl is billet aluminum. There is no need to rejet with altitude changes like every other carb including the 39 and the 41FCR. Those carbs are great also, i'm just happy with the Edelbrock Qwicksilver Carb. Plus I managed to buy it brand new for $340 compared to the $479 retail price. So shop around you can find it for atleast $400, and even lower if your lucky.
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more

Big D
    Where did you get your quicksilver carb? By the way I am taking your advice on a cam. I am going to wait until I can afford the 416 or 426 installed. While I save I might get the carb. It can't hurt and I don't have to open my still new engine.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

It's Called San Diego Sportcycles They'll sell stuff right above dealer cost if you pay with cash. When I ordered the carb it was on back order and took 4 weeks to get. I don't think they're on back order anymore and it'll only take 1 day to get it. The only way you can get it at a great price (under $400) is if you go there and pay in cash up front. They'll order from their supplier in Los Angeles and it'll get delivered the next day unless their closed. here's there info:

San Diego Sportcycles
    7245 El Cajon Blvd.
    San Diego, Ca 92115
    (619)464-6255

Call them they'll give you a price quote over the phone, but they won't accept credit cards over the phone. They do accept credit cards, but they won't give you as good of a price if you use credit, so pay cash. Anytime I deal with them it's strictly cash. I've got dg nerfs for $105, pro circuit slip-on for $170, and more. All items are brand new.
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more

i have been to little sahara about 5 times so far. i love it down there. We try to go once is the spring before it gets too hot and once in the fall when it starts to cool down. oynot400 you should meet us down in little sahara on the 19 thru the 22nd of this month, it will be a blast. i think there will be almost 20 of us. Where do you ride in Iowa? Bye coralville or have you tried Bussy.

I think i might just get a stock carb and then sell it on ebay for now if i can't fix the one i have for now. it drives me nuts when i can't ride on the weekends. I have to have it running sweeet befor we go down to the dunes so i'll do whatever it takes to get it running good asap. The stock carb I can get from service honda for 190 and the Edelbrock is about 470 or 400 if you get a good deal on it. I am saving up for a 440 or 465 kit, but I don't have $ 3,000 laying around to do it right from CT or Duncan or Trinity Racing.

Thanks again for the input guys
    :devil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast