Thread: 1994 Lt80

1994 Lt80

Nearly rebuilt, just a few more questions if you guys can help please,

Where the flywheel is located the top bolt that joins the cases has a small metal plate with it, how is this to be positioned when the bolt is tightned, does anyone have an image also.

There is a single black earth cable (can't remember where it comes from) hanging from the frame does anyone know where it should be bolted too, image would help, hope you understand what i mean.

thanks

can you explain what the keyway is on the front clutch, is there anything i need to do when refitting the clutches, stator etc how they should be fitted? allignment, positioning etc

OK, the lil plate:: it gets pushed over to cover the statator wires where they go out..
    The wire hanging is a ground wire for the motor and goes on the top/right fan cover bolt hole.
    Stator alignment: at the 9O'Clock position you will see the timing marks. Simply align the 2.
    Front clutch: On the lil plate that covers the rollers, there is a notch. That notch goes on the keyway of the crankshaft.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

What drives the oil pump shaft that comes out of the side casing, not where the pump bolts on but inside the case where there is two teeth on the shaft, is it just pushed against the outer pulley or do the teeth lock in somewhere?.

Also does it matter which way you install the piston pin clip as i've installed them with the opening at the 3 o'clock position

thanks

There is a lil black "bow tie" looking thing that goes on the end of the crankshaft. That runs the pump.
    The cir clips are fine.

I would recommend not running the oil injection. It will quit someday and it will cost you a bore/piston.
    I use a quality synthetic oil at 32:1
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose

thanks lt80, do you or anybody have an image of the lil bow tie thing as i've never seen it.

Does it screw on the end of the crankshaft or just fit on the oval end of the crankshaft?

When i removed the crankshaft there was nothing on the end of it, when i turned engine too see if the pump was turning nothing happened, so there is obviously something missing

Another thing, as you sit on the bike the right hand side of the carb has a pipe from it towards the front (in front of the main fuel line), i was just wanting to know what this pipe is for, breather possibly?.

Thankyou

The bowtie is Part #12
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "99" 400ex
    "03" 300ex
    "07" LTZ 400
    Original Jackazz riders

Thanks redzoomer.

The bow tie just pushes on. That's what the flat spots on the end of the crank is for.

The pipe is the carb vent and has a hose that runs up the frame rail to under the hood.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose

hopefully last question before i hit the starter button, there is a green plug and a single black and yellow wire that go from the ignition key switch, there is also another single black and yellow wire in the harness, is there any way of telling which way round they go as there are two black and yellow plugs for them to fit into, i don't have any electrical testing equipment so is it just trial and error without tracing each wire. hope you understand the question, thanks in advance and a big thankyou to everybody who has helped throughout the build.

steve

does a 1994 have the reset switch under the fender as i can't find it, if it does where abouts is it located?.

thankyou

I don't think it has one.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose