Thread: Cam install ?

Cam install ?

I got a magnum stg 2 the other day and the instructions said i had to press the cam gear flange off the stock cam and press it on the magnum cam. How would i go about doing that. With a hydraulic press right? Is there anything else that i should look out for when i do this?
    I also heard that i might need shortened valve guides b/c its a copy of the web cam 479 i believe. That true?
    Thanks
    03 Honda 400ex: Built for Xc

01 Yamaha Blaster: Gettin' built

Thanks 08 Sponsors: Amsoil, GTThunder, HMF Engineering, Ready Racing, & Vengeance Clothing Ltd.

I had the old Hot Cams and had to do the same thing.Put cam in freezer and heated up flange. I bought a new cam gear flange and jacked up my truck and lowered it on my cam to press it on(ghetto press). Its been 4 years and the cam is perfect.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

Haha whatever gets the job done huh? How hard was it to keep the flange straight when you pressed it on?
    03 Honda 400ex: Built for Xc

01 Yamaha Blaster: Gettin' built

Thanks 08 Sponsors: Amsoil, GTThunder, HMF Engineering, Ready Racing, & Vengeance Clothing Ltd.

Originally posted by flauge
    Haha whatever gets the job done huh? How hard was it to keep the flange straight when you pressed it on?

No problem, it didn't even seem to take that much pressure.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.