Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Prdator the right choise???

Is the Prdator the right choise???

I have a 12 yr old daughter,"5'6 110" who wants to race ATV's. She's been riding a trx250 for the last 2 yr's....I've read where 90cc is the limit on riders under the age of 16. I have looked at several models and have picked the Polaris predator 90 2-stroke. Well, just wondering what u guys think???? Is the polaris a good choise? And what mods can be done and still keep it leagal in the stock class. Any and ALL information will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

We own and race 6 Predator 90's. If I could do it all over now, I would look at the new Apex, Thumpstar, Drr and Xtreme as the all are a little bit biger chassis', dual A arms, disc brakes and more. All of them have good aftermarket support and products.

My boy raced a Polaris 90 for 3 years, If I had to do it all again I would buy a TRX 90 Honda.

I recommend the Apex Pro mx it has a great beginner platform with a bigger chassis dual a-arms and the bike comes with upgraded carb, clutchs, exhast and is 42in wide all stock.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

We own 4 race quads and one of them is a Predator.

Save yourself a headache and learn from my mistake. DO NOT buy a Polaris.

I am selling our Predator and buying the Apex Pro MX 90.

For the money and for what you get there is no other choice but the Apex Pro MX

Watch you do not look into the Apex Pro Shark(It is not a race ready quad)

talk to Ed at Lucky7 racing,he is a great guy to deal with. He will ship it to you directly.
    Never ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly

I think the polaris is a good choice. I now have a bolt on dual a-arms front end for the polaris that uses 14" elka's up front and a long travel round housing rear swing arm for the back. You can set up your bike to handle as well as the new drx and apex mini's because i also do the long travel front end and rear ends for those bikes as well. You can see some of our work at team sims web site. Thanks Dave

I had wonderful luck with my daughter's Predator 90. She raced it 2 seasons (over 80 races last year alone - and no breakdowns.) Loved it so much, I had a brand new one built for her. For you though, I would recommend a TRX 90. It will be roomier for her. I think she is too tall for the Polaris. You want her to be comfortable on it.

Now I did hear that the new Polaris Predator 90 4 stroke is suppose to have a bigger frame - so she might fit on it better. As for the dependability of them, I can't say because I don't have any knowledge or experiences with them.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hi-jack, but what is your opinion on a 2002-2004 preddy 50 for a 5 yr old just starting to race harescrambles? he will need to keep it stock for 50 stk class. It is the only thing in a 50 I can find and I need one within the next couple weeks. He is used to a kazuma so I am sure the preddy will be much better than that. Keep in mind I have a 1200.00 budget. Thanks.
    2008 KFX450R

WWW.IATVHSS.COM

Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
    Sorry to hi-jack, but what is your opinion on a 2002-2004 preddy 50 for a 5 yr old just starting to race harescrambles? he will need to keep it stock for 50 stk class. It is the only thing in a 50 I can find and I need one within the next couple weeks. He is used to a kazuma so I am sure the preddy will be much better than that. Keep in mind I have a 1200.00 budget. Thanks.

Spend the extra money and find a DRR DRX 50 single arm . new one will run around 1999. you shuld be able to find a used one for less. where you located.
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

I agree get a DRR 50 the swing arm is the motor on the ped. 50 and hard to up grade misc, stuff on them. Go with a DRR and it has better suspension and has more room to grow with you child.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast