Thread: best way to do better in dunes?

best way to do better in dunes?

what are some good mods to help in the dunes? my 400 does pretty well. but i ride with banshees and everyone knows they are unbeatable in the sand. how can i keep up with them better?
    2002 416EX
    K&N w/prefilter
    full DMC alien exhaust
    je 10.8:1 piston
    hotcams stage 1

more mods inside the motor

i would suggest better exhaust, high compression piston and mid-range cam, that would do the trick, my dads friends got a 400 bored to 440, racing cam, modified intake, full white bros e-series exhaust the thing sounds awesome and stock banshee's aren't a prob for him werever he goes

My friends Banchee's are mean and I really have no chance against them.... Just remind them while they mix their gas and kick their banchee to a start, that I drop my 400 and press one button and I'm off.

Some good upgrades are widing the 400 also so you can do sum trick side dune riding...

sand skates, mohawk fronts, 416, hotcams2,pipe,no airbox lid,k&N,14tsprocket, Skill (not saying I have any)
    Last edited by Dune Surfer; 09-22-2002 at 08:38 PM.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

A good set of straight paddles will help to ensure that you can climb the big hills and hook up good. 7 paddle haulers, 8 paddles MAX would be a good choice. Gearing down a notch helps overcome the drag of the sand. Smooth sand tires iwith a rib in front help flotation and turning. And of course all the engine mods you can afford.
    2000 Banshee with all the bolt-ons
    1995 Warrior
    WyoDuner's Dune Review Site - Now with SAND DUNING Forums

straight paddles climb better but I prefer v paddles better for turning
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod