Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YZ250F/Blaster

YZ250F/Blaster

Has anyone here put a YZ250F or WR250F engine in a Blaster? I'm currently running a CT 240 Blaster and it hauls but I'm looking for a Blaster sized four stroke for the wife. I think the four stroke power will be easier for her to handle. Let me know the complications of the install and if you know anyone who does this mod.

Here is a pic of the 240
    Attached Images Attached Images

a friend of mine had a blaster with a cr500 engine build in it.
    if i remember well he had but a radiator on the nose with a mazed racing hood over it

Lonestar make two chassis based on either the yfz or trx 450 chassis to take the yam or honda 250f motor, theres quite a a few over here plus a few 250r chassis with 250f motors, they rip a blaster to pieces.
    Houser CRF 490
    Athena 490 kit
    Gas flowed head
    Ferrea valves
    Stage 2 hot cam
    Leo Vince pipe
    Peps (wooop wooop lol)
    Hipers
    And a host of billet goodies

I think a 300ex would be about right for her. 250f's create a lot of power and will out run a lot of 400ex's.

Yea I think you'd be better off getting her a cheap 400EX rather than putting all the time and money into making a 250F Blaster. But if she is a small woman and the Blaster fits her well by all means go for it, it's definately possible.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Well I'm looking for something about the same size as a blaster weight and egros. I really considered buying her a kids race quad, the cobra is a sick little machine. The 300EX is too heavy and there isn't too many mods out there for the 300. I asked ATV-Fourplay but they got out of the business of hybrids. There is NO WAY she could ride a 400EX. I get beat-up after a day of riding my 400. It's tough trying to find a quad for a 100Lb. adult.

My GF is only 115lbs and she can handle a KFX 400. I am sure she could get ust to a 400ex. I am just confused....

She can handle a tricked out blaster that can keep up with 400s but she can not control a 400???

Or are you talking about the suspension gets to her? I had to lossen up my GFs suspension all the way just about. It still needs rebuilt to her likings though.
    V-Twin King Quad

Originally posted by firefighterjosh
    My GF is only 115lbs and she can handle a KFX 400. I am sure she could get ust to a 400ex. I am just confused....

She can handle a tricked out blaster that can keep up with 400s but she can not control a 400???

Or are you talking about the suspension gets to her? I had to lossen up my GFs suspension all the way just about. It still needs rebuilt to her likings though.
    It's the weight of the quad. My 400EX is more than 400Lbs. My Blaster is about 325Lbs. When you are muscling around a quad through the woods or the on a track weight is a huge factor and 75Lbs makes a lot of difference especially when the rider is only 100Lbs and has limited strength.

Originally posted by Antny100
    It's the weight of the quad. My 400EX is more than 400Lbs. My Blaster is about 325Lbs. When you are muscling around a quad through the woods or the on a track weight is a huge factor and 75Lbs makes a lot of difference especially when the rider is only 100Lbs and has limited strength.
    Alright I see what your saying
    I would do it then. First Hybrid Blaster lol
    V-Twin King Quad

First Hybrid Blaster lol
    Ah i did dat almost 4yrs ago.i still have it but this is a old pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    426ex,lt250r banshee and kfx700 v force,yz250 mx bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast