Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions or info on jrd hybrids

opinions or info on jrd hybrids

any experience with them? what engine did u have in it? good/bad? looking at one...and would like all info i can get on complete jrd quads.

I'm tearing one down right now. I dont have tons of experience with aftermarket chassis' though. The JRD seems nice, the handling is insane. I've had a small amount of cracking issues, but those are mainly because of the previous owners actions, the the quads was beat to hell already. A few welds on the frame are only welded on only one side, when they should be welded on both. If I was in the market, I would definatley buy another.
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

One of the nice things about JRD frames is that you can put like 3 or 4 diff. engines in just one frame all you need is diff. motor mounts and they say that you can take the valve cover off the top of the engine and not have to take the engine out of the frame which is nice. I have a lonestar frame with a CRF and if i want to adjust the valves i have to tilt the engine forward which kinda sucks but o well as far as the frame cracking is gonnin happen espelly if you race motorcross or ride hard.
    GET WELL SOON JJ

Last Minute Racing
    D-7 A class
    CT3 motorsports
    Fredericksburg mafia

cool, i'm getting this one saturday. and i will probably get crap for it, but i'm going to put a big bore 250r engine in it. i love 2 strokes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

can u email me some pics of where the frame is only welded on one side. i definately want to fix that.
    bdzierzek@hvc.rr.com

a-arms, motor mounts, and subframe mounts are what comes to mind.
    That's a sick quad, and the guy who built it (jrspawn, i think) seems to be a smart guy who knows alot about hybrids.
    Everyone talks about the 4 speed YZF motor being awesome, but I'll stick with my CRF.
    First, ride the quad before swapping motors, I doubt you'll want to after getting some seat time.
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

yeah, i picked it up this morning. justin definately knows about hybrids. it looks great in real life.

also if i were to switch to a twist throttle, would i need to use just the stock yz426 throttle?

Does anyone know what is all used in the crf450 to 400ex conversion from the crf 450 just the motor? is it better for me to buy a whole crf 450 because alot of stuff is used from it? or just the motor to put into my 400ex can some one tell me what all ill have to buy to do this conversion and a ruff price on what it will cost to do this?

motor, carb, electronics, clutch/hot start, and maybe header from the crf.
    Lots of fab and motor mounts for the conversion. Intake and exhaust really sux to fab up.
    2009 CRF250R

do i have to have custom cables made for the gas and clutch or does it use the 400ex or the crf450's? and what radiator does it use the crf 450's? or is it a custom made one that someone sells?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast