Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valves

Valves

How can I tell when I need a valve adjustment? Does anyone know about how much it would cost to have it done at Honda?

--Josh

Bump. Anyone??

--Josh

after about 12 hours of run time mine were out, everytime I've checked them since then they have been perfect..

I'm guessing here but I wouldn't think it would cost much more than $50 at the shop.. after you've done a couple it's only about a 1/2 hour job, tops..

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

dont pay the shop to do it just do it yourself its not worth the 50-100 bucks you are going to have to pay them i can do all 4 of min in about 15- 30 min its not that hard just sit down and read your manual and see what it says to do its not that hard...
    1987 TRX 250x
    2001 300ex

Originally posted by Leo
    I'm guessing here but I wouldn't think it would cost much more than $50 at the shop.. after you've done a couple it's only about a 1/2 hour job, tops..

Leo
    you would be surprised how much dealers charge. Here are some prices i got on Long Island.

$110
    $130
    and
    $90

And thats all profit for them. If you dont know how to do it you have no choice and have to pay. Mine needed adjusting after like 12-15 hours.

Should they be adjusted when the motor is cold or warm?
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

cold

$130 to adjust the valves on a 400EX... OMG...

I'd do 'em all day long for that, I'd only have to work one day a week... LOL..

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Its like $62.50 for an oil change and valve adjustment at my local dealer. I had them do the first one now i do it.
    Jared-----
    2004 CRF 50
    2005 400ex

trail thats cheap!!!!!!!!!! I dont know how much they charge for an oil change here because i never asked but i would guess like 30-40 for just and oil change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast