Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake questions

Intake questions

Has anyone had a problem when they converted thier 400ex to a crf450r. I am trying to find a way to build, buy or whatever soem kind of intake that doesn't have to bend all up to get to the filter. My mechanic says I'm losing at least 7 ponies from this crap. HELP PLEASE. . . . .

Try some radiator hose...
    LMS Racing....
    Metal fab & welding

Thanks to JH-Racing

Originally posted by ss440ex
    Try some radiator hose...
    Were do you get the right radiator hose? I tryed boat radiator hose and it was way to stiff.

NAPA auto parts has several.
    Know the diameter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LMS Racing....
    Metal fab & welding

Thanks to JH-Racing

what will happen

If I use the radiator hose will it not be all bent and just blocked? Is there any specific way to get it through the hole between the frame and the shock clear. Or are you talking about going over the bar and back down?

Originally posted by ss440ex
    NAPA auto parts has several.
    Know the diameter.
    how did you gt your carb up that high. My motor sits down low in the frame and for me to look like that i have to come up and then back down

his motor is a yamaha yz426 not a honda,
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

haha 7hp loss huh? Unless you have it in a total mess there is no way your loosing 7hp. Get some radiator hose though and make a new boot from your carb to the head and cut the hose on two different angles to allow the carb to point up and over a little. It will make the boot from the carb to the airbox work alot better. You can also cut all the tabs off your airbox and move it up in the subframe a few inches so that the boot dont bend over the frame rail so much
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

Originally posted by 416exmx
    haha 7hp loss huh? Unless you have it in a total mess there is no way your loosing 7hp. Get some radiator hose though and make a new boot from your carb to the head and cut the hose on two different angles to allow the carb to point up and over a little. It will make the boot from the carb to the airbox work alot better. You can also cut all the tabs off your airbox and move it up in the subframe a few inches so that the boot dont bend over the frame rail so much
    Yah its totally jacked up man. I dont even know how the guy i bought it from set that up. I am trying to set it up and get it going in the right derection though. What do i need to get to make a new boot? I have always been a 2 stroke guy and these things have alot more crap going on.

thanks

He got the quad from me... dont see how he is losing that much power with this setup. Here the the link to a pic from when I had it.... scroll down and you will see a few agles of it. Cant believe you would flame me like that on the bike... LOL.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=189459
    2008 Tundra Crewmax
    2006 Dodge Durango
    Building Custom Honda V6 5 seat rail
    Lifted EZ GO
    Apex Pro shark mini for son

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast