Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JRD CRF Hybrid build up!

JRD CRF Hybrid build up!

I wanted to document my build this time, like I wish I had done on my R. Anyway, this build will take untill around february I'm thinking, so it will be drawn out. I bought this quad for $4500 and it is a bit rough. Every bolt is frozen, which was hell getting it apart. The kicker fell off and it's overheating a bit. It needs a bit of TLC, way too much too list as I normally get a bit carried away when building a quad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

Half way torn down
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

Almost done. As you can see, even the nerf was frozen onto the frame. More pics this weekend.
    2009 CRF250R

I like that quad,what colors are you going with?Are you going to get everything repowdercoated?I cant believe he ws asking like 7000 for it on ebay,with broken mounts,frozen boltz,ect...Good luck with your build..
    LSR/CRF450
    JB ex w/yz450dirtbike motor
    Thats right "hybrids the only way to go....They go BRAAAAAAAPPP..

Originally posted by figair
    I like that quad,what colors are you going with?Are you going to get everything repowdercoated?I cant believe he ws asking like 7000 for it on ebay,with broken mounts,frozen boltz,ect...Good luck with your build..
    Yeah, I didn't check it over good enough, but its still worth $4500 easy. Yes, everything will be PC'ed, blasted, or new. I'll have $10,000-12,000 into it when done, and it'll be extremely solid, no more ghetto. The motor will be mildly modded.

The colors are still being decided, but probably:
    Black frame
    sparkle red bottom arms and chrome tops
    silvervein stem and swingarm
    red plastic with carbon fiber
    hipers
    2009 CRF250R

sweet,
    git ur done!!!!
    LSR/CRF450

Can't wait to see the finish!

I assume that's a JRD frame right?? What are those two bars sticking out above the top shock eye on the second pic. The two horseshoe shaped bars?
    Mitch
    2003 Jb crf450

Originally posted by 400exMO
    Can't wait to see the finish!

I assume that's a JRD frame right?? What are those two bars sticking out above the top shock eye on the second pic. The two horseshoe shaped bars?
    The plastic mounts? The silver one is the mount, the black one is a line.
    2009 CRF250R

Just an update, I'm finally starting to make some progress. I'm getting new parts in here and there like bearings, brakes, etc etc.

Chassis: I really want to make this quad light, to get below 355lbs dry for freestyle, if possible. I ordered hipers and the front non-beadlocks (1.2lbs lighter) and I'm switching anything to aluminum that I can; like brake stay, hubs, shifter, and brake lever. Some milling will be going on also.

Motor: A stage 2 hot cam and a 13:1 wiseco piston is ordered. My Ferrera valves, springs, and titanium retainers are in. I should be sending it out to someone in a month or two for a top and bottom end rebuild. I'm still deciding on a builder. I'll probably get some light porting done.
    2009 CRF250R

sweet itshould look and sound sweet..I just put a stage 2 hotcam,and a higher compression pist,and a port &polish job....All I can say is FASTTTTTT..After talking to some mechanics.and racers out here,They told me to stay w/stock valves,springs.So i just got new ones and had them installed also,Post pics as your going along w/your progress.We could all probably learn a thing or 2......
    LSR/CRF450

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast