Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 250r Hybird motor mounts

Originally posted by PismoLocal
    I never said that there wasn't, It would just be nice if some one made a mount kit for the motor mounts and pivot bolt to put a crf450 motor in a 400ex frame.

But you still have to weld tabs on the frame for the radiator, coil, cdi, tabs for the headstay mounts, and then maybe notch the upper rear shock mount frame rail to get the air boot right, machine on the swingarm so the sprockets line up, make a kick lever extension and such. You mean it would be nice if all this was already made up in a kit and all you had to do was put a templet up to the frame and tig everything on.
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

No I just wanted the motor mounts but It would be nice if they did sell kits like that.
    64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Get the motor in the frame and line it in place and bring it to a some one that can weld and you can have mounts for under $70. I had a whole frame converted for $270. I gess it took 7 hours

JB Racing does i believe do it for a 400ex
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

My dad has a lonestar 250r and a stock frame he's been wanting to do the same thing put a CRF engine in one of the 250r frames but it involes way to much cutting on the frame to get it to work it's easer for you to make one out of a 400ex then a 250r unless you talk to the an aftermarket compeny like lonestar and they will build it to work for the honda engine or the yamaha, The only problem there is that costs about 2500 bucks for a frame so if i were going to build one and all you have is a stock 250r frame or a stock 400ex go with the 400 it's still going to take some work but not near as much as trying to get CRF in that stock 250r frame there's something about the down tubs on the frame were you're front motor mounts they are not in the write place. You could call lonestar and the'll tell you why it dosn't work
    GET WELL SOON JJ

Last Minute Racing
    D-7 A class
    CT3 motorsports
    Fredericksburg mafia

Does anyone know what JB charges for a 400EX frame Conversion.....
    2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

No more quads for me!!!

Originally posted by Nick shupe
    My dad has a lonestar 250r and a stock frame he's been wanting to do the same thing put a CRF engine in one of the 250r frames but it involes way to much cutting on the frame to get it to work it's easer for you to make one out of a 400ex then a 250r unless you talk to the an aftermarket compeny like lonestar and they will build it to work for the honda engine or the yamaha, The only problem there is that costs about 2500 bucks for a frame so if i were going to build one and all you have is a stock 250r frame or a stock 400ex go with the 400 it's still going to take some work but not near as much as trying to get CRF in that stock 250r frame there's something about the down tubs on the frame were you're front motor mounts are, there not in the write place. You could call lonestar and the'll tell you why it dosn't work

I'm not a stickler for punctuation, correct grammar, or just something making sense...but WOW!
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

Originally posted by stocktires
    I'm not a stickler for punctuation, correct grammar, or just something making sense...but WOW!
    Sorry about that I was in a hurry I didn't know we had a teacher on board
    GET WELL SOON JJ

Last Minute Racing
    D-7 A class
    CT3 motorsports
    Fredericksburg mafia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12