Thread: White Bros. quiet core insert. Any Good?

White Bros. quiet core insert. Any Good?

My white Bros. E-series is too loud for the places that I ride, so I'm thinkin about getting one of them quiet core inserts for it.
    Does any of you run one? If so- is it much quieter and did you notice a performance drop after you installed it?
    Thanks
    Boone 400EX

i don't know anyone that owns one but i know they will lower the db's by 5 and to find out whether or not it will rob you of power do this little test,,, start off by sitting straight up then tank a deep breath and blow as hard as you can, and observ, now take you your and and cover 3/4's of you mouth tank another deep breath and blow as hard as you can and observ, which one was easier to do, same priciple with your motor

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

I have a quiet core insert that I use when I ride on public land, and it quiets it down a lot. It seemed a little too restrictive, so I drilled out the holes down the center of the core and it made it a hair louder (barely noticeable) but it brought me back up to an acceptable power loss. I am sure you could just take some disks out of the muffler and get basically the same effect, but not have to pay for it. Take off some disks until it is quiet enough for you, but I would also drop a size or two on the main after doing it.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I love mine. It does make it a lot quieter IMO, as far as power loss, I didn't really notice that much if any. If you feel it is too loud, don't worry about the power loss you will barely notice it.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

go with yoshimura, not only are they better than wb, but stock not as loud and u can get a t.e.c. kit that comes with all sorts of inserts to make it more quiet....thats wut i am getting, alittle more expensive but awesome, go to... www.motofrugals.com they have a very low price then put in the comments box that u want the T.E.C. option for 37$, pm for more details
    -99' CR250r -sold
    -02' trx300ex - sold
    -19 ktm690smcr
    -98' trx300fw
    -87' 250x like new, missed the 300

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm gonna just buy it and run it

Ugly Mutha---It sounds to me like you spend alot of time blowing things. You should try women, they are alot more fun!!

Boone

you won't be dissapointed
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

riiiiigggghhttttt

think about though all you doing is shoving a baffle down your pipe does restrict airflow personally i think it's a was of money you should just left your stocker on there, but before you go out and blow you money take all your discs off except four and see if that brings it down to a tolerable noise level for you area cause according to wb four discs is equivalent to to the stock muffler and does decrease the sound level alot, i just think it's stupid to waste all that money on a exhaust and then go out and waste more money on a quiet core to choke it when you coulda just punched out the baffle in the stocker and been in the same ballpark plus save 300 bucks, what a waste

oh ya boone, all i got to say if your giving your woman a blow job you better find another quick

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

that was a good one uglymotha!!!
    1987 TRX 250x
    2001 300ex