Thread: 1st time at silver lake dunes

1st time at silver lake dunes

I will be up there on my stock 400 ex, no paddles, stock tires. What PSI should I be running with the stock tires? I will be there Sat before Labor Day.
    old, but love to ride.

honda ex guy

I plan on starting around 4 PSI and letting some out if I am having trouble getting traction. The sand a Silver Lake can very depending on the amount of rain they receive. If you ride right after a rainfall and the sand is not all torn up, you can run higher pressure. If the sand is dryer and a little bit ripped up, the lower pressure will give you a little better traction.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

Thanks, I will start out at 4 PSI !
    old, but love to ride.

ya i think your best bet will be around 2 to 3 psi depending on your tires but start at 4 and work your way down until u can accelerate decently. remember not to jump if u lower them down too much.
    03 arens/lrd/tcs 262r

Thanks for the help guys, at 4 psi it did good, I kept up with all my buddys that had paddles, The stock tires hook up pretty good!
    old, but love to ride.

When where you at Silver Lake ? This weekend? I was there too, it was an awesome weekend lots of people with real nice Trucks and quads. To bad there was like 3 accidents on the drag stip.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I was ther most all day sat. A Raptor ran into a guy I know riding a ds, the raptor was cutting across the strip.
    How did you do at the drags? Man I ate a lot of roost, with my stock no paddled ex, but atleast I didn't always come in last.
    old, but love to ride.