I got filler gauge in the mail today, ran out and took the front fenders and gas tank off, removed the valve cover and loosened the cam chain tensioner. I then slid an .06 filler under my intake cam and it would not go in. ran a .10 under the exhaust and it was perfect, just a slight drag like we want. So I removed the intake cam and dropped the little C shaped bearing stop (?) down into the motor, it landed pm the bottom cam sprocket so I fetched that out with a long screw driver. After all all that I started trying shims until I found one that worked for that valve ( long process) I then put the motor back in time which was very easy once you see how its done, I skipped that stupid brass link crap, the chain will work the same no matter what tooth its on. Any way, I put it all back together and hit the start button, BAMM it started instantly just like t use too!! I warmed it up and gave it a ride around the yard and was amazed at how much better it was running. Its like a rocket now that the shims are back to normal + the HMF & air box mod that I done after it started acting up. If you pred is doing what mine was doing then order the shim kit and do this adjustment, its easy, took me about 90 minutes.