Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird?

weird?

so yesterday i went to take my banshee for a ride after i started it i gave it throttle maybe 3 times to get it to idle and to warm up....then before i was about to go i gave it gas again and i heard this weird sound coming out of the silencer (the left one)so i put my hand behind it pushed the throttle and it wasnt a steady flow of air it like popped out in a burst but then i was like maybe it was cuz i just washed it and waters still in it so i started to go but i heard nothing...then when i let it sit for a bit it started doing that again

so does anyone ever have this problem or know what it is or is it just nothing to worry about?

mine did that, so I replaced the packing an dit took care of the problem. Open your silencer and see if your packing is bad.
    MXC:2nd
    OMA:5th

xc 04 450r gettin built.

Fully Modded Woods Racing Banshee new motor. SOLD

LT230S Some Mods

1996 blaster SOLD

warrior/honda 750 hybrid in the works. SOLD

banshee parts for sale.

im new to this so how will i know if its bad?

make sure you didnt foul any plugs and your carbs are clean as well.

umm how will you know if you fouled a plug?(sorry not real big on the engine stuff yet)

well it could be a variety of different colors. heres a chart that may help you out.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

if you havent replaced your stock plugs in a while i recommend replacing them anyway. oh, and also make sure your air filter is clean.

thanks and when you clean the air filter dont you have to use kerosene or something cuz i heard water rips it?

mine did that, so I replaced the packing an dit took care of the problem. Open your silencer and see if your packing is bad
    well i went to do that and there were two problems one-when i tried to unscrew them me and my dad couldnt undo them and then it looks like someone welded them together and two-idk what it will look like if i need to repack

you can buy cleaner for air filters at your local dealer. i recommend using the cleaner and just follow the directions. i always rinse the filters using water.

so i took your guys advice and i looked at the air cleaner(a bit dirty)then i checked the spark plugs.....WOW!!!i took the cap off the right one then i went to take it off the left one and smoke started comin out of it then it stopped..then the part on the top(that you have to set a certain about from it was completely brown and half gone and smelled horrible)i mean im not good with motors and stuff but i think thats not supposed to happen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast