Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to attach a picture on ATVriders.com

How to attach a picture on ATVriders.com

I have seen a lot of people that don't know how to post or attach pictures on this forum. Now it's cool if you have someone PM you on how to do it, But I thought it would be cool to post a message for everyone to read. If you still don't understand a step or how to resize your photo I can make a message for those too.

Good luck and have fun exploring this forum and messages in a new way.

How to post a picture on ATVriders.com

1. Subject description: Title of your post itself. Plain simple, we all know how to do this.

2. Type your message. Doesn’t have to be long, but helps if you’re trying to sell something or explain a project or brag about you quad.

3. Let’s post that picture!!!

***Remember to resize that picture. Most photo programs have this feature.

If you do not have an image resize program here is one I suggest

Picture resize program (FREE DOWNLOAD!) I use this one a lot. ***

4. Attach your picture to your post: As you can see on the bottom of this picture, you will see attach file.

5. Hit the browse button. This will bring up a box called “Choose file”. This is were some or all of your photos are stored on your computer. Some people have their photos on their desktop in a folder or in “My Documents” under “My pictures”.

6. Select your picture: Then hit “Open” on the box on the bottom right. The “Choose File” box will disappear and you will be brought back to your message on ATVriders.com.

7. You will see some new text in the Attach file spot. This is fine and normal. This is route that the file will follow to be posted on the website. (I won’t get into that.) Once you see this just hit “Submit Thread” or "Post Preview” (Post preview lets you view your thread before it is saved on ATVriders.com)

8. Congratulations you have just posted a picture!!! This is the basic way of doing it on almost all message boards.
    New ride
    Suzuki LTR 450
    White

Sold but not forgotten
    2004 Honda 400EX

nice write up. this should be a sticky somewhere
    2006 yz250f
    District 3 MX #323

Utopia Optics
    SixSixOne
    ASV
    Kenda Tires
    Tag Metals
    PowerMadd
    Twin Air

http://sponsorhouse.com/Members/trx23rider/Home.aspx

just trying it out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let's go 4-Wheelin'

Hey, I did it!!!!!!!
    Let's go 4-Wheelin'

What would be nice is if we didn't have to resize the pictures to post them. Some forums resize them for you when you post them. No matter what size file you submit it makes the pic the correct size. I guess I shouldn't complain, I remember when you couldn't post pics at all. Even a time when ex-riders was almost no more.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

I would repost this in the "How-to" section. Good idea

Test

Test image posting

tring it out
    2002 400ex
    JE 10.5:1 stock bore piston
    Hot cams stg. 2
    160 piliot, 42 main
    FMF Power bomb header
    twin-air filter
    tusk t-7 bars
    Nerfs
    DG front bumper
    twist throttel
    hmf silencer
    Winch with custom front bumper

IF YOU ARN'T LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE!!!

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Profile picture

How do you add a picture to your profile so it shows up under your name when posting?
    04 400 ex
    Renthals
    AC Nerfs
    K&N
    Yoshi Full Exhaust
    ITP Holeshot's on Black T9's
    Stage 1 Jet Kit
    Alba Pro Elite Bumper
    Armadillo Skid Plates
    2007 Polaris Scrambler 500 (Wife's)

Here's how I did it:

Go to Forums, then go to your Inbox, Select Edit Options, Scroll to the bottom where it says Avatar, click change Avatar, scroll to the bottom where it says "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" click on browse to select a photo from your PC. Note: You will have to resize the photo before it's uploaded, I can't remember what the size is exactly but, I think it's something like 300 x 300. Last thing you do is hit submit modifications tab. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast