Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon 125 Ride Report?

Typhoon 125 Ride Report?

Does anyone have feedback on the 125 yet? I'm thinking of purchusing one soon.

125 Typhoon

My wife supprised my son will a 125 typhoon, which we picked up friday. Here the first ride low down. Changed the filter to a UNI filter, the stock one falls off very easy. Took some time to ride easy and break the quad in. After a few hour my son 10 yrs old about 70lbs. started to pickup the pace. Great torque and power on the top end. We went to Badland in Indiana, with is sand? ( Pea Gravel HA HA ) so most mini quad have trouble there because of small tires that dig into the sand. Due to the 4 storke torque of the quad this was true today. All the mini quad today had the same trouble.

Postives, Torque Great, Top End Great, Ride and Handling Great, Easy to control for my son, which is not Cody type ride ( Pappy's Son ) who tested the typhoon 90 Overall for the first day I would say an 8 of 10.

Negitives, this quad will be converted to an xc quad. To low to the ground for xc racing ( I'll modify the from A-Arms over winter , Air filter will have to be fixed for xc racing, the heal gaurd will break ( Not a good design, will be fixed this week, trany is hard to shift at first ( this will come in time ).

Overall a great quad for the money. All quads need work if your going to race them. This one I think is a little bit more closer than most stock quad. Riding on Sunday again and next weekend, Going to race in 1 month, which will be the real test. I'll keep thing up to date.

Thanks for the info. I'm ordering one tommorrow.

got ours last sat. my son rode it twice now and really likes it 8yrs old 100lbs. like john said its very torquey.
    stiffined up the suspension a bit really helped him out in the desert.
    will be building onto the nerfs for heel protection.
    needs a skid plate because its too low.
    ANYONE KNOW OF ONE THAT WILL FIT? (TRX 90 POSSIBLY)

otherwise great starting package

125 ride report

We have had ours for a week or so. Rode it for 2 days before going to the mx track.
    Had problem with the start button getting stuck in the housing when the button was engaged. I also had a problem with the nuts on the A-arms being loose. not sure if the came that way or became that way, might check though. My son is 8 and weighs about 95lbs. He got first at the track against slightly modded 2 strokes. Like most have said soft suspension, hard to shift, stiff throtle. Overall good starting point. Chose this route over new front end and stuff for the trx90

Re: 125 ride report

Originally posted by Quintonsdad

Had problem with the start button getting stuck in the housing when the button was engaged.
    Does the 125 have electric start?

Just a heads up. A good size boy in our org. has a 90, he's about a hundred lbs.
    His rear subframe, under the seat began to bend quite a bit. They had to bend it back and add some gussets so he could race last week. Might want to keep an eye on it if you have a large rider.

The 125 does have electric start. Add at the last minute.

Got my 125 yesterday. It's a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Pretty fast and handles great after I adjusted the shocks. Sounds almost as good as my modded YFZ. Shifts up and down fine. There is a little play in the steering stem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Two people I know have bought the 125 for their sons to race.
    Both have bad swingarm bushings from the factory. Check the play in the swingarm, they are supposed to send them both new bushings. Also, one bent the back subframe, and the steering stem is splined and it stripped out after about two hours of running the quad. Just a heads up on this stuff. The other one isn't going to run his until the proper bushings are sent to him, so I can't say about play in his steering.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast