Thread: any ideas?

any ideas?

Riding my R last weekend and it dies almost like it ran out of gas, kicked it over and it wouldn't start, got home pulled the choke, kicked it and it started. I thought everything was fine so I tryed taking it for a ride but it dies as soon as I put it in gear, I can ride it with the choke on but of course it rides like crap. I think something must be plugging up the carb? throttle response is good in nuetral. If it runs with the choke on I would think air leak somewhere? Any ideas?

Check your neddle C-clip. Sounds to me like it is worn and your needle is staying down in the main jet while your slide is working when you throttle it.

Maybe the boot between the carb and cylinder has a leak. Your obviously getting to much air, so jets are clogged or air leak.
    Scott Landgraf

1989 Honda 250r
    -Mild port-FMF Header Pipe-FMF Silencer-CR250 Head Gasket-Coolhead-Rad Valve-K&N Filter-DuraBlue Axle-Works Shocks-Lonestar Steering Stem-Renthal Bars
    Thank you Wes and Andy

SOLD! Gone but not forgotten.
    2002 300ex (yellow) with
    PRM bottom frame skid plate

My Drifter
    1985 5.0 Mustang GT
    -5-speed

Before you tear that carb apart,check crank seal behind flywheel.Sounds just like what we have happened to a couple of the bikes.Did I just write bikes?

Hope who guys will still let us post,besides the R we ride KTMs.