Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Maxxis 12 Hours of Pont de Vaux, France

This is the #52 Honda of Chris Murphy and Stuart Gubbins from Great Britain. This is the same quad that I rode last year. It was good to see a little DirtFirst support overseas. Thanks, Chris!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The KIK Honda #11 machine was immaculate. It was so right that noone even had to touch it prior to the race. This quad was ridden by the powerhouse British team of Paul Winrow, Will Waggott, and Chris North.

Street legal quads are a big thing in Europe, and here is a nice example of a big-bore street quad. This one uses a 950cc twin cylinder KTM motor.

Here is another KTM 950.

Duncan Racing and ATV World were the main reason I was able to do the PDV. Loren Duncan was the main backing behind getting the quad built at DirtFirst, and ATV World arranged the shipping over to England where they did the final assembly and brought the quad and all the spares to the racetrack.

Our #12 quad was backed by DirtFirst, Duncan Racing, ATV World, Elka, Roll Design, IMS, Douglas, Team Ind., Vortex, Hinson, ProDesign, and Motorcycle Factory. You can check out the buildup article at http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/p...ratvbuild.html

The other riders on my team were British Championship contenders Ricky Tordoff and Jason MacBeth. Ricky's dad and my mechanic from the GNCC's, Jim Quesinberry, took care of the wrenching duties.

The other ATV World team was none other than the Banshee of Doug Eichner and John Mitchell, who have won the PDV the last two years running.

ATV World has always prepared the Banshee for this dominating duo, and this year they pulled out all the stops, as 2006 was the twentieth anniversary of the race and also the last time they would campaign the machine that has been so conquering at this event.

As many components as possible were finished in gold anodize and powdercoat. You will not find a nicer Laeger Banshee anywhere.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast