Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pred vs. me

pred vs. me

need your input. i have desided or want to buy a 4 weeler, my sons already been raceing them and i ride a bike. the other day i rode my brother quad and even though its a big hunting type of turd quad i could do all kinds of tircks and im hooked. I think i want a new pred 500 i'm 5'10" and 265 pounds and only 10 pound is fat, and love power. i don't want to race or be on a mx track but i will try to see how high and far i can jump it ,i also ride in mud snow water sand and tend to try to kill myself every time im on something, i need that raw gut power feel to. from what i see the pred seems to be built for that, am i right or is there a better quad for me. I am looking for all kinds of input so thanks. P.S. I'v snaped almost in half A snowmobile, birt bike,go cart, wave runer,and cj jeep (just for input)

so you sound like basically what your looking for, is a quad that can snap your neck on acceleration, but can handle some jumping ..... what it comes down is the pred....you need one of the ig bore quads out there..... the 450s are nice quads, but all of the ones i have ridden, dont measure u to the power of the predator. if not, you could go with the raptor 700, or the ds 650.... the ds 650 is a ****ty quad, that tends to fall apart more than ride... the raptor aint bad neither. stock for stcok the raptor will take the race by about 1 or 2 lenghts, but both are awsome quads. i have the predator, and have had experience with the 700 and speak from experience. over all i take the predator, because of sure weight to power, and handling..... but its up to you, and your preference... i am a bigger guy so im not sure if u wil get thrown around, but the power of both quads is manageable, when you get used to it

living in idaho where the trails are probably pretty wide, i would get a ds650. they are fast, handle well and seem to be built like a tank, which it sounds like you need
    Planning a comeback...

ya man def go with the ds 650. the y are built like tanks . A bit heavy but it will def hold up to u. Also the Polaris scrambler 500 4by4 is good to it fast and it can go through some good mud. My buddy has a pred and i dont think there all that great ta=hats my opinion but if u looking for lots of power and will hold up to the jod go with the ds u wont be disapointed

there all good quads, and in my opinion, shouldnt be judged y model, as it is the machine that will break, not the name.... id say, go ride the raptor, predator, and ds...find which on e you will like the most, in my opinion, i didnt like the DS, it felt to big to do what i do, and the raptor fellt too tippy, the predator likes the throw the *** end around, but handles better than all the reest.... all i can say is, go ride them all, and choose for yourself.....

It is true the 700R will out run the predator on the drag strip. I have never had a DS650 outrun me on the dragstrip.

As for trails neither of them quads can keep up with me on my Predator. The predator has far superior shocks and suspension over both of the other quads.

My Predator has been bullit proof so far. I ride it hard everytime I take it out. It has never let me down in during any race, I'm sure running harescrambles iron man is hard on them.
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

i thank everyone for there input, i would like to try and ride diferent brands but where i live most people ride 4x4 quads. so i dont have that option, the pred from what i read is built strong with good supsion right out of the box, i plan to up grad parts as i break them. and this might be a bad way to look at this but the predator look so bad arse, there is something to be said when you do stupid things but look good doing it.

The Raptor 700 is an extremely fast quad. If you want to go the fastest , get the Raptor.
    2003 400ex-
    - pro armor race nerfs
    - AC bumper
    - TAG bars
    - full skids
    - 450R front shocks
    - Razr 2's
    - White Brothers Pro Meg.
    - new oem clutch w/ Barnett HD springs
    sold my '01, nver should have. just picked up this machine. update: sold 400ex.....want 450r.

2001 Buell Cyclone 1203cc
    89 ninja 600r-sold
    92 CR250-sold
    93 CR80-sold
    96 zx6r-sold
    99 Z50-sold but shouldn't have.
    01 400ex- sold
    '95 Z28 M6- 350 h.p. @wheels-(my pride and joy)http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792270

The DS650 beat me and my buddy on a 450R. They are quick! We raced on a dry lake bed.
    '03 Honda 400ex/Yoshimura complete/36T
    '04 & '05 Predator 500/Yoshimura complete/15T/165Main-Jet
    '99 Yamaha Blaster
    www.SkoutRacing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast