Thread: idea maybe? dale/CRF hybrid

idea maybe? dale/CRF hybrid

I was thinking about this the other night and i got theTman goin on it too, what if you took a cannondale that wasnt running, took the engine out, get a 250R kit and drop a CRF450 engine in the frame, the idea of an aluminuim Framed CRF that looks like a 250R sounds awsome to me, obviously there would be alot of fabrication to get this to work, and would have to figure something out with the carrier to flip it around and where the air box/filter would go...i got bored last night so i used paint to make one What do you guys think?? good idea or stupid idea and im the only one that thinks its cool?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

I've thought about it alot, I had this idea..

Pick up a moto and rip the motor out and everything it all on ebay.

Find either a crf/yzf motor or a 330r powervalve motor and throw it in one..
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

i like how you said a non running cannondale...jerk
    2001 440ex
    rebuilding as the paychecks keep comming in...

Originally posted by theTman

hahaha...as far as i've seen...it is a non-running dale...but non the less i believe in you travis, it might run some day
    04' 450r-everything,63hp>stock bore/stroke
    94' RX7 R1- built 5.3l lsx, 76mm turbo, built t56, Ronin widebody etc- project
    63' F250 4x4- 6bt I/C Cummins motor, Ford ZF5 trans, Kingpin Dana 60 front, 87' F350 frame, 6 inch lift, 37's, 63' F250 body- toy hauler

Originally posted by theTman
    you know me, i would never mess with a mechanicaly sound dale
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

People have put ktm motors in them...flip the carrier? all you need to do is spin it around no biggie there it goes in either way...As long as the dales are well maintaned and taken care of they will run fine though i dont see it worth building a hybrid

Hey, i have heard of and seen a few dales with the crf and yz engines in them, in fact i want to say on cannandaleriders there is a girl with one done like that. Would be a neat hybrid to do, with the removable cradle shouldnt be bad at all to fab up.

Originally posted by CDALEMX301
    People have put ktm motors in them...flip the carrier? all you need to do is spin it around no biggie there it goes in either way...As long as the dales are well maintaned and taken care of they will run fine though i dont see it worth building a hybrid
    You can't just flip the carrier, you have to fabricate a new caliper mounting bracket. And install a chain buffer on the left side of the swingarm..
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro