Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hondas are a joke

Thumbs down Hondas are a joke

The only fast quad honda ever made was the 250r,with slight mods of course. The 400ex is good for wheelies and going slow,the 450r is just the same with about 10 more HP. Anyone that says an equally moded 450r will beat a Banshee lives in ther own little honda world. And to the guy that said a 400ex will beat a banshee is on crack. A 400ex is not much quicker than a piped Warrior.
    Theres my 2cents
    If you want Fast, mix your gas

Re: Hondas are a joke

Originally posted by madden
    The only fast quad honda ever made was the 250r,with slight mods of course. The 400ex is good for wheelies and going slow,the 450r is just the same with about 10 more HP. Anyone that says an equally moded 450r will beat a Banshee lives in ther own little honda world. And to the guy that said a 400ex will beat a banshee is on crack. A 400ex is not much quicker than a piped Warrior.
    Theres my 2cents
    You are a joke.
    450R
    Bunch of overpriced $hit

Im just stating the facts. The only downfall to the Shee is the driver has to know what he is doing. If you let off once or miss a shift your done.

Oh! boy! Let's start a useless thread stating ones opinion about how yamaha's are soooooo much better than honda's. Yeah!

HONDA IS #1

What is with you guys? There is nothing so special about a shee that you should go around downing other quads. $300 in my 06 and I have not lost once to any Banshee I have raced.... no, I have not raced any full blown drag bikes, but I have raced ones set-up as decent drag bikes and have beaten them as well. I cannot understand why some people cannot just appreciate bikes other than their own for the simple reason that they don't have one or would not buy one.

Re: Re: Hondas are a joke

Originally posted by outlaw450r
    You are a joke.
    im in agreeance
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Re: Hondas are a joke

Originally posted by madden
    Theres my 2cents
    i love banshees, but youre Full of Shiz!!!

a stock 450 will beat a stock banshee, and a piped and filtered 450 will beat a piped and filtered banshee... banshees are great but it takes a bit to get them to scream... they arent slow, but a big postitive of the banshee is the fun factor- you feel like youre going a lot faster than you are... that goes for any two stroke, except for the quadzillar, where you actually feel like youre going slower than you are...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

I agree with most of you to a point. Stock for stock, any 450 is going to hand the Banshee it's ***. Add some pipes and upgrade the filters and the gap get's closed some(traction is always an issue).

Let's race these theoretically on concrete to take traction out of the equation completely. Where the Banshee shines is the mods after that. The 450s slam head first into the Law of diminishing returns. Port both of them and the Banshee has just jumped into the lead. Keep the mods up and you are going to taper off at around 60HP on the 450s for what $3000. I can get that out of a Banshee for $1000. For $3000 you are in the 100hp range. Hell for $2000 on a Cub set-up with a set of CPIs you are around 100hp. Once you hit that 60hp mark on the 450, the reliability, seriously has to be questioned. The 100hp Cub isn't much less reliable than a stock motor.

But it still takes a good rider to make it that fast. I feel anyone can ride a 450, that's one of the reasons I want one for my wife.

When i say race I mean on pavement, sorry for that mixup. When you race on pavement you take the traction part out of the picture which is usually why a Banshee loses. Any of you that say Im full of sh## are entitled to your opinion as i am to mine. Here there is pretty near every sport bike except the 450 suzuki. None are stock except a 700raptor which may be interesting when moded? The only thumper that really impresses me is the yfz 450! They come off the line very fast!

Not trying to start fights but I like to here peoples opinions.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madden
    [B]When i say race I mean on pavement, sorry for that mixup.
    If you want to race on pavement bring out the street bikes.
    450R
    Bunch of overpriced $hit

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast