Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brute Force 750 Questions

Brute Force 750 Questions

I was thinking of buying a Rhino or a new Can am but they are out of my price range..So Now I am looking at a brute force.

I just want to know how all of you like them..

How fast r they?

I heard ther a rev limiter that kicks in after 100hours and only lets your quad run at 3600 RPMS? Is this true? Is there a way around it?

Also when you mud has the belt ever slipped due to water?

I was also thinking of a new grizz but I want the power and sound of the brute

Thank You
    V-Twin King Quad

I can't tell you about the rev limiter thing , but I highly doubt it to be true .

Other than that , my experience riding my buddy's Brute Force 750 hasn't been all that great . There is a ton of power , but the bike just feels way too tipy in stock form for me . Also he has been plagued with overheating problems , which seems to be a common occurance with the bike . When the going gets slow or muddy conditions arise , he can't ride for more than 20 minutes without taking a break to let it cool down .

He has also had problems with the instrumentation and with the gear selection for the 4wd.

This is a nearly brand new quad with less than 500 miles on it . He's fed up and is thinking of trading it in .

He has had issues with belt slippage alot also when it gets wet .

I'd suggest you test drive them all and pick which is best for you . My other buddy's King Quad 700 is an awesome machine , I enjoy the feel of my Grizzly
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Originally posted by Quad18star
    I can't tell you about the rev limiter thing , but I highly doubt it to be true .

Other than that , my experience riding my buddy's Brute Force 750 hasn't been all that great . There is a ton of power , but the bike just feels way too tipy in stock form for me . Also he has been plagued with overheating problems , which seems to be a common occurance with the bike . When the going gets slow or muddy conditions arise , he can't ride for more than 20 minutes without taking a break to let it cool down .

He has also had problems with the instrumentation and with the gear selection for the 4wd.

This is a nearly brand new quad with less than 500 miles on it . He's fed up and is thinking of trading it in .

He has had issues with belt slippage alot also when it gets wet .

I'd suggest you test drive them all and pick which is best for you . My other buddy's King Quad 700 is an awesome machine , I enjoy the feel of my Grizzly
    Howd the Kind Quad do? Also you have anyproblems with you Grizz? I have had sport quads all my life so I want a spunky 4x4. But I also want something I can just start up and ride. I am just tired of having to put money into my sport machines all the time and I just want something to ride.
    V-Twin King Quad

My brute seems to be doing great. I too felt it was tippy until i got used to the IRS.

No over heating issues, and that includes a 15 mile black trail with a passanger and it was sloooowwwww going, rocks and mud
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by firefighterjosh
    Howd the Kind Quad do? Also you have anyproblems with you Grizz? I have had sport quads all my life so I want a spunky 4x4. But I also want something I can just start up and ride. I am just tired of having to put money into my sport machines all the time and I just want something to ride.
    The King Quad runs side by side with the BF . Personally I find the KQ a more comfortable machine for my liking .

I've had 2 problems with my Grizzly so far ..... 1 being the rear brakes , which I found the problem ..... floorboard was applying pressure to the foot lever when I was on the bike .

2nd has been overheating problem , which seems to be a known thing with the 660 Grizzly . It also doesn't help that my brakes were dragging , causing the motor to work harder , and some of the fins are bent to hell .

I'm honestly having more fun with my 4x4 than I was having with my YFZ .... but then again , my Grizzly isn't close to stock which could be affecting my decision .

Originally posted by Pappy
    My brute seems to be doing great. I too felt it was tippy until i got used to the IRS.

No over heating issues, and that includes a 15 mile black trail with a passanger and it was sloooowwwww going, rocks and mud
    Pappy , have you tried tightening up the suspension from the stock settings? It made a world of a difference on my buddy's machine .

You gotta bring that big ute up this way and I'll show you some mud and nice terrain.

I have heard alot of good things from the King Quad. Hows the 4-wheel drive? I have never been a big suzuki 4x4 fan though.
    V-Twin King Quad

No i havent done anything but ride it greg

the suki line of 4x4's are great!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by firefighterjosh
    I have heard alot of good things from the King Quad. Hows the 4-wheel drive? I have never been a big suzuki 4x4 fan though.
    The only thing I don't like about the Suzuki is when you're in 4x4 with the diff-lock , it seems to bounce off the rev limiter WAY too quickly . It might just be my buddy's machine , but it's a real pain in the rear .

Giving you a run down with the other machines , I have 27" ITP 589s on my Grizzly , and when it's in diff-lock I can barely steer it . I very rarely ever use the diff lock because of how hard it is to steer ... then again , I'm not a big guy by any means ... so someone that has more weight to keep them from getting jerked around might find it easier .

I like and don't like the diff-lock system on the Brute Force . What I like is the fact that you can engage it on the fly ... soemthing that can't be done on other machines . What I don't like is the fact that you have to keep the lever pulled in ... there is no locking mechanism ... so if the terrain gets knarly , you're having to worry about not letting your finger slip from the lever .

All 3 quads suck in the mud with stock tires !!!!!!!

Originally posted by Pappy
    No i havent done anything but ride it greg
    Ahhh .... when you got a few minutes before your next ride , tighten it up a bit and you'll have a vastly improved ride , especially if you happen to ride 2up . It won't feel as if it's going to roll back on you on uphills and it'll improve the bodyroll in corners .

Then again , you can always call up a few buddies at Elka and they'll fix you up in no time .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast