Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pismo Beach Race is coming like Xmas

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
    I run Production A and Open A, I don't do very well, but I know exactly what i'm up against, and know exactly when i'm progressing.

In other words, why run a class that you think you'll do good in, and possibly Sandbag, when you can run a class that you'll do mediocre in, then you'll know you'll have to push yourself hard, and earn your placing.

My personal opinion. Some agree, some don't.
    I agree to a degree.. But thats also ALOT of expense to set yourself up for failure ,but I TOTALLY agree on setting up for a class you will finish MID pack in .

My husband ran B 30+ last year and had great endurance but a crap quad and done well enough that he had to move up to a A class this time around,...well this year he has had little seat,NO endurance but a good race quad... lol He done HORRIBLE in Prod A . Maybe a 30+ class is good but he will will not race the A class again until he is ready or just stick with the 30+ class.
    There is so many variations and classes you can run that is what is so great about the series is there is ALWAYS a class for EVERYONE.
    CannondaleRider~~ where are you sitting for points so far? Are you running more than one class?
    I was hoping my Hubby and his freind on his ATK could come this round,but Ill have to go alone as he is out of vacation time .
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I'm running both Production A and Open A

I'm doing horrible in the standings in both. I've missed the last 4 races, and got a DNF in Production at Round 1(fuel) and Round 2(rim), and a DNF in Open at Round 3(pushed WAY to hard).

I'm 45th in Production and 31st in Open....yeah, pretty bad, lol.

Hoping next year goes a little better, and I can improve my riding ability
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

You'll get there man, the way racing works is that you get faster one level at a time it seems, where you are now is about as fast as you're comfortable with but when you ride with faster people and constantly push yourself you are forced to go beyond your comfort zone and see what it is like to run on the next level and once you're comfortable with that you'll go beyond. I know what you mean about the classes, you'll want to ride with faster riders, but at the same time you don't want to be left in the dust far behind and losing and not feeling good about racing or really having fun. I race the Open A class and I never really podium in that class, there is more competition and faster guys in that class, I almost got a podium finish in that class at havasu, but anyways I race the sport 15-29A class and me and my friend Jorie always podium in that class and run away with it, it's fun because we are each other's competition but we are also doing good and getting good results, so you'll want a class where a podium is a possibility but it's a hard fought one.
    Roll Design YFZ 450, Roll Arms, Elka long travel elite shocks, NGR Engine, Yoshi Tri Oval Exhaust, Roll Pegs and Steering Stem, IMS classic bumper, Flexx Bars, Precision Stabilizer

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
    I'm running both Production A and Open A

I'm doing horrible in the standings in both. I've missed the last 4 races, and got a DNF in Production at Round 1(fuel) and Round 2(rim), and a DNF in Open at Round 3(pushed WAY to hard).

I'm 45th in Production and 31st in Open....yeah, pretty bad, lol.

Hoping next year goes a little better, and I can improve my riding ability
    As long as your having a good time ,then thats what Counts,right?

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Looks like I wont be making the Pismo round..
    No one here locally is in for points so I have no ride . I REALLY am bummed about this ..I could drive or fly down for a wk end, but a little more expense for me to come and shoot photos...lol
    Things are going to be dif. next year.

For the 2007 season,we should be running the full series . I would like to interview riders from a few dif. classes ( Amatuer,Womens,minis,Vet. ect...) Ill have video of each class like I have done last year ( I think I missed one class) some rider Coveragewith video clips and of course some pics .

Looks like there is ALOT of photojournlist ,so I really dont need to go this round anyways
    I really was hoping to meet some of you though and I wanted to hit this round more than any of them.

I guess theres always next season.

I wish you all the best of luck in the championship ,ride safe and have fun and Ill be hanging out waiting to see the coverage.

Tina

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

I have ran the sport c and porduction c. So far it was on a polaris predator 500, so I guess you could say I was at a bit of a disadvantage. I did alright this year and at washougal I got 4th after stopping to help pull my brother out of a bush.(he runs in stock c's so they are the first line off) Now im on ltr450 for this last race and plan to move up to the b's. The track is going to get rough and I mean rough. I raced in the team race last year at the end of saturday and it was bad. Rutted and wooped out. It is defentiley going to be a different race than in the woods or in the desert. Should be great. I will be on a ltr450 #132 my brother is on a ltz400 #140. See you there.
    Mine:
    2006 LTR450 Yellow, Black & Gray Powermadd Handguards, White Brothers Power Pro, Maxxis Razr2 Rears On ITP Baja Wheels, Maxxis Razr Fronts, JT 13t, Rath Racing Competition Nerfs Black, PRM Swingarm Gaurd, AMS Aerospeed paddles on ITP C-Series Black, Renthal Fat Bars Black, Spider Grips....

My Brothers:
    2004 LTZ400 White ,DG Chrome Lite Nerfs, AC Racing Front Bumper, Acerbis White & Black Handguards, Curtis Sparks X-6, Sparks Supercharger and Filter, FCR 39mm, Maxxis Razr2's All Around, ITP Front GP Black Wheels, Sunstar 38t, Spider Grips

2007 Sponsors:
    Four, Fasst Co., Hydro Dynamics/i-Shock

I've only raced two rounds this year because of work, a new baby, moving to Utah, ect., but here's my $0.02: I've never raced prior to this year, but I've ridden aggressively pretty much all of my life. I wasn't sure what class to race either, but I knew I was good enough for at least the B class, so that's what I entered (considering I'd be riding one of the slowest bikes in the class, the old 400ex). I did well - 3rd in Phoenix and 2nd in Havasu - but there were plenty of riders on the track that were faster than me. One observation I made was that there is a HUGE span of skill levels in the B and A classes, and probably because you have the sandbaggers, the guys who want to go faster, and everyone in between. I'll most likely sign up for Production A next year, just so I have a chance to race Pro-Am, but no matter what class you enter, there will be a wide spectrum of competition on the course at any given moment. You will get the "racing experience" no matter what class you enter, and as long as you are honest with yourself about your skill level when selecting a class, you can be satisfied with where you place.
    '00 416ex -- 11:1 Wiseco, stage 1 HotCams, LEXX slip-on w/ modded header, ASR +2 arms, 450r shocks, G-Force axle, FST style cooler, Trail Tech bars and clamp

Temporarily retired from my extremely short (but successful) racing career.

Maybe some IXCR in the near future.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Originally posted by F-16Guy
    I've only raced two rounds this year because of work, a new baby, moving to Utah, ect., but here's my $0.02: I've never raced prior to this year, but I've ridden aggressively pretty much all of my life. I wasn't sure what class to race either, but I knew I was good enough for at least the B class, so that's what I entered (considering I'd be riding one of the slowest bikes in the class, the old 400ex). I did well - 3rd in Phoenix and 2nd in Havasu - but there were plenty of riders on the track that were faster than me. One observation I made was that there is a HUGE span of skill levels in the B and A classes, and probably because you have the sandbaggers, the guys who want to go faster, and everyone in between. I'll most likely sign up for Production A next year, just so I have a chance to race Pro-Am, but no matter what class you enter, there will be a wide spectrum of competition on the course at any given moment. You will get the "racing experience" no matter what class you enter, and as long as you are honest with yourself about your skill level when selecting a class, you can be satisfied with where you place.
    My Husband had to move up to Prod A this past year and WOW.. he was sure dissapointed. He ran well in 30+B class but could not even come close to hanging in Prod. A Class.He doesnt race enough anymore to have endurance and its amazing how fast you can lose it if you dont train all year long...he is one of those riders that are"trapped" in between classes right now,hopefully he will fit in better next season
    He still had fun,hes doing a little training so maybe he wont be so out of shape this year.Like mentioned once before, Last year he had a crap quad, great endurance,this year he has awesome quad, crap endurance.

There some fast riders in WORCS,alot of which have had alot of expirence in the series. I remember the 1st WORCS race we went to was in 2003 in Cali. and to see some of the riders now
    and how fast they have become
    This is an AWESOME series to be a part of

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Im absolutely DYIN to hear how this wk end went...!!!
    what was it like racing with the bikes on there own course?
    I want to hear all the details!
    Cant wait for some Coverage!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123