Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad Jerks

Quad Jerks

When im riding in any gear and then i give it no gas and roll and then when u get back on the throttle it will jerk and jump when u first give it gas. Its not smooth at all. it only jumps when u go from no throttle to giving it throtle and its annoying. what could it be?

Thanks

It could be that you have alot of power in your quad.

I don't really understand what you are asking.

my 300ex does the same thing. I think you are talking about the chain stretching and getting really tight when it is loose. I can feel and hear my quad snap forward when hitting the gas from a standstill/slow roll. I am almost positive it is the chain -- and yes it is adjusted correctly. Maybe it is time for a new chain.
    2002 Yamaha Raptor 673 Hotcams Stage II - Hi Comp. Piston - Full Exhaust - +4 Axle...

is it only when its cold? cause then ur quads just cold mine does it to...or it could be ur chain is messed up...jetting could be off also

att. 300exryder

i have a 300 ex and when i ajusted the chain i have a 180-200lbs person on the quad then make sure it has 2 " of movment. Only becasue if you ajust the chain then sit on it you wil see the chain get so tight it looks like it want to explode. Try this!

NOS EX300

you adjust your chain way too loose man ..

well my quad is totally stock. has stock jettin and the chain is at the adjustment it came with and seems to be right. It does it warm or cold.

Its hard to explain whats happening but i dont know any other way to say it. Its just when u first get on the throttle from no throttle the quad will all of a sudden jump instead of the power coming on smooth. I just hope its normal

are you popping your clutch?

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283

too loose!!

what will happen if your chain is set too loose! mine is set to 1 3/4" with me on the bike. if i set it like in the manual once i get on the bike the chain makes a binding sound like it is going to snap. witch must be hard on the bearing in the tranny

Originally posted by 300ex rules
    are you popping your clutch?

dave
    No but thats exactly what it feels like. when u first give it gas it feels like the clutch was just engaged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast