Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: different oil cooler i found on ebay!

Hybrid View

different oil cooler i found on ebay!

Well, it looks like Four Stroke Tech is being flattered by being copied by one of its customers. Unfortunately for him, he didn't check the patent before he started selling it. I wouldn't look for this guy to be in business too long.

somebody's in trouble...
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

Yeah the guy is a member on here. He has been selling them on the website for a few weeks now. Do a search for coolers and his post will be on here. Patented eh....the idea or the product. Is it pending or finished?

Cooler's are nice but they can hurt flow, and the tanks seem unreliable, and cost $$$$. Working with a guy on here who alot of people have done business with to develop a different style of "tank" with cooling. Keep an eye out
    GNCC #424
    2006 Sponsors
    Kenda, Hiper, GT Thunder, Stadium Suspension, Maier, BK Performance, GCD "Tinner" Products, Generation X, Santor Racing, FOUR, SixSixOne, HellBound Racing, Black Widow ATV, FASST Co, Tireballs, ASV, XC Gear, Scott, Proclean, PrographX, Streamline, PRM

PS Mickey- you guys put out some really nice setups. PM about the 500ex if it is still available. Been considering a few things. Thanks

BMW
    GNCC #424
    2006 Sponsors
    Kenda, Hiper, GT Thunder, Stadium Suspension, Maier, BK Performance, GCD "Tinner" Products, Generation X, Santor Racing, FOUR, SixSixOne, HellBound Racing, Black Widow ATV, FASST Co, Tireballs, ASV, XC Gear, Scott, Proclean, PrographX, Streamline, PRM

i stopped by a local shop today, an he had for sale that exact kit. he wanted $139 for the whole thing. he also had a once ridden e series and a jet kit for $275, is this a good price for the pipe and kit?
    '02 416ex, hotcam stage II, ported head, big gun

i haven't failed, i mearly found 649 ways that didn't work

Hello all,

I would have sent a PM, however, I wanted all on the forums to hear what I have to say

Mr. Dunlap,

I take offense to your accusation that I copied your product. I've only just recently heard of your company when, on a prior post on this board a member told me about it. I have never purchased a product from you, nor will I, after the lack of professionalism you demonstrated in your prior post. I submit that you are claming a right to an idea that already existed. The idea for my cooler came from a kit Dirt Mods came out with a couple years back for the 300ex. It’s almost exactly like your kit… Go figure! Do you pay Dirt Mods Royalties? There are several patents and applications for patents for cooling systems and methods, however only one even comes close to this product #5887561, careful if you make too much money, they might send a Cease and Desist order to you! But, I doubt it, the idea is not unique, the method is not unique, certainly the components are not unique and I don’t think it would withstand the scrutiny of the USPTO. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you have a patent application number (you can’t possibly have a patent unless you submitted your claim a couple of years back) and would kindly post it, I will verify your claim and if valid, I will Cease and Desist. Your post borders on libel if your claims cannot be substantiated. I don’t sell oil coolers for a living and certainly am not a competitor of your company. I’m just killing a little time down in my shop. If you have an issue with me you should have just emailed me in private. I’m certainly not trying to hide from anyone and you could have gotten my email from eBay. Geeeeez!

Jason Birklid

Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Well said Jason.....nothing against Mickey, but I don't see what's to patent on a oil cooler, what's unique about that? I thought a patent was for NEW ideas, I'm missing what's new here considering the EX comes stock with a very similar cooler to start with!!

oops!!!

Looks like I opened up a big old can of worms!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast